Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House building start to finish

Options
  • 16-05-2021 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am new to doing any kind of work with my hands but have started to do a few things lately and anything that i have done i have really enjoyed it. any recommended resources. books youtube channels / pay for resources to follow to get the whole process in detail from start to finish.

Even though i don't have a clue I would love to one day either build or renovate a house. I have come across this guy on Youtube: {Oakwood Garden rooms }and he is fantastic. He does Garden offices/spaces. I am sure there is alot of overlap and similarities here on actual houses but I would love to go down the rabbit hole a bit more and learn much more on actual houses.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

The essential craftsman on youtube is doing a long series on exactly this. Every step of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Luckyluis

mawk wrote: »
    The essential craftsman on youtube is doing a long series on exactly this. Every step of the way

Brilliant thanks for the recommendation. Will check it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Some great you tube channels but remember that a lot will.be american based and things are done differently.

A few uk ones I like are gosforth handy man. Charly diy, peter.millard, Robin Clevitt, skill builder ,

It will depend on what kind of jobs you doing and skills you have on what other channels to reconmend

Advertisement