Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from CA

Options
  • 17-05-2021 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I've been banned for aequating being trans with a mental disorder when i said "not participating in someone's dysphoria =/= transphobia".

I genuinely did not think that was what i was doing since i know that is not permitted. I suppose i was clumsily misusing the word "dysphoria" in a general sense to mean "personal gender identity which conflicts with own body" and that the lack of "buy in" in the persons identity is not in and of itself transphobia.

On reflection I can certainly see how the mod perceived my post they way they did due to the "medical" word i used.

I can only apologise and ask that the ban be reconsidered or maybe shortened.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi suicide_circus,

Did you PM the moderator to attempt to resolve this?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No sorry, have done so now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No sorry, have done so now

Excellent. Let me know how it goes.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Issue resolved, thanks Baggly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement