Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High risk/cohort 7 - GP doesn't seem too interested

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I forget which member on here mentioned that in a press briefing Reid said there's 100,000 of Cohort 7 still to be vaccinated

Is there any upto date data on this?

There's a "shít is about to hit the fan" atmosphere with the Delta variant in recent days and remaining Cohort 7s and the remaining over 60s need to be sorted as a matter of urgency

• Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I forget which member on here mentioned that in a press briefing Reid said there's 100,000 of Cohort 7 still to be vaccinated

Is there any upto date data on this?

There's a "shít is about to hit the fan" atmosphere with the Delta variant in recent days and remaining Cohort 7s and the remaining over 60s need to be sorted as a matter of urgency

The over 60's will be done by mid July bar those who don't want a vaccine or hit an odd circumstance (e.g. reacted badly to first dose, can't get a second dose until NIAC approves mixed vaccine programs).

Hopefully the GP will pick up most of the remaining cohort 7 but I doubt they'll be fully done until vaccines are open for all (pharmacies will also be an option to get AZ/J&J quickly) so until then, socially distance, stay safe, don't take risks and wait out the last few weeks until fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Is there a system up yet for those at risk? I know pharmacies can start administering vaccines for those over 18 on Monday and that's good news. Or do high risk people get bumped up the pharmacy's list? I can imagine the pharmacist would have some idea if someone is high risk if they regularly dispense medicine to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What's the stats these days on Cohort 4 & 7, are we anywhere through this 100,000 yet?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tDw6u1bj

What's the stats these days on Cohort 4 & 7, are we anywhere through this 100,000 yet?
    wrote:
    Cohort 7 (People aged 16-69 who have an underlying conditions that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death)

Total in group: ~350,000

Total vaccines: 369,416 (+11,622)

Total with first vaccine: 218,941 (+3,492)

Single dose: 64 (+0)

Total with second vaccine: 150,411 (+8,170)

Total fully vaccinated: 150,471 (+8,170)

63% of total half vaccinated (+1.4%)

43% of total fully vaccinated (+2.3%)
    figures to 3rd july - approx 130,000 cohort 7 not vaccinated. I don't know if this accounts for cohort 7 people being vaccinated through regular vaccine registration path. IMO the original estimate of total numbers is probably way lower than reality too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement