Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will 360k - 400k be enough to buy an apartment

Options
  • 17-05-2021 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I want to buy an 2 bedroom apartment and hope to buy with a down payment and mortgage of 360k. I could possibly buy for 400k. I see apartments for sale listed at this price but am worried it will not be enough as these are just asking prices. I am hoping to buy in Dublin city, not the suburbs like Lucan. I know I am not going to get smack bang in Dublin city centre but something that is a good location and easily reached. I hope to buy next year but am afraid I will not have saved enough. Do you think I may have to wait longer and save more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Shaped609 wrote: »
    I want to buy an 2 bedroom apartment and hope to buy with a down payment and mortgage of 360k. I could possibly buy for 400k. I see apartments for sale listed at this price but am worried it will not be enough as these are just asking prices. I am hoping to buy in Dublin city, not the suburbs like Lucan. I know I am not going to get smack bang in Dublin city centre but something that is a good location and easily reached. I hope to buy next year but am afraid I will not have saved enough. Do you think I may have to wait longer and save more?

I just looked at Smithfield and you could buy about 20 of the 25 properties for sale there for your budget. Not saying they are to your liking but you have the budget to live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DonalHoran

Might I suggest you consider ,both in terms of lifestyle & value for money, a location that is a little outside Dublin centre but within easy reach of the city - 20 min bus journey.General amenities/quality of life can be superior to city living yet you have the City on your doorstep.Chapelizod beside the Phoenix Park,Riverside & Parkland walks & a nice Village athmosphere ,3 good pubs,3 coffee shops,supermarket etc gives a good lifestyle balance ,living in an autentic village & just a short commute to the city.Have a look at the Island & the Weir apt development - your budget would get a range of good spacious modern Apts here.
    Suggestion - If the location & Village life generally appeals to you, pick a nice sunny day,visit the Village,enjoy a coffee or two ,have a walk in the Phoenix Park(direct access from the Village at Park Lane) & walk through the beautiful grounds of the Island & Weir development - entrance between the the Village chemist shop & the Spar Supermarket.Best of luck !
    Donal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    I just looked at Smithfield and you could buy about 20 of the 25 properties for sale there for your budget. Not saying they are to your liking but you have the budget to live there.

I looked at buying an apartment in smithfield around early 2014. The 3-beds were asking around 130-150k. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You'd easily get something in D7 / D8. If I had to do it again though I'd be buying a house on the DART line and within a €20 or so Taxi ride back. The quality of many apartments in Dublin is ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

DonalHoran wrote: »
    Might I suggest you consider ,both in terms of lifestyle & value for money, a location that is a little outside Dublin centre but within easy reach of the city - 20 min bus journey.General amenities/quality of life can be superior to city living yet you have the City on your doorstep.Chapelizod beside the Phoenix Park,Riverside & Parkland walks & a nice Village athmosphere ,3 good pubs,3 coffee shops,supermarket etc gives a good lifestyle balance ,living in an autentic village & just a short commute to the city.Have a look at the Island & the Weir apt development - your budget would get a range of good spacious modern Apts here.
    Suggestion - If the location & Village life generally appeals to you, pick a nice sunny day,visit the Village,enjoy a coffee or two ,have a walk in the Phoenix Park(direct access from the Village at Park Lane) & walk through the beautiful grounds of the Island & Weir development - entrance between the the Village chemist shop & the Spar Supermarket.Best of luck !
    Donal.

Donal Chapo is full of drug addictes.that spar shop has being robbed loads of times by junkies over the last year

• Advertisement
Advertisement