Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Out, Landlady wants people to view the place I’m still in?

Options
  • 17-05-2021 8:38pm

Surely my landlady cannot let herself in and let people view a place in renting yes? because she said she’s going to. I ring her and she won’t answer, I text her on what’s app she won’t answer me.

If I’m paying to live here until the June 10th then it’s mine until then? Yes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Surely my landlady cannot let herself in and let people view a place in renting yes? because she said she’s going to. I ring her and she won’t answer, I text her on what’s app she won’t answer me.

Can you both compromise in some way? Your landlady may have a mortgage to pay. You can agree to help her out by allowing a viewing at a time that does not cause inconvenience and perhaps as you move out, you may require a favour from her too?

Golfwidow wrote: »
    Can you both compromise in some way? Your landlady may have a mortgage to pay. You can agree to help her out by allowing a viewing at a time that does not cause inconvenience and perhaps as you move out, you may require a favour from her too?

She’s been difficult for the past 4 years that’s why I’m moving out she won’t fix anything or get anything repaired.

My house was broken into last Monday and won’t get the door fixed either she said I’f she doesn’t she has to replace windows also she’s a slum landlord sadly.

I just wanna know when I stand legality until the 10th of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭covidcustomer

I can't post the link, but this is from Threshold:

"Approaching the end of your tenancy, your landlord or agent may seek access for viewings by potential tenants or buyers if the property is being sold. There is no right under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004-2019 for a landlord to access a dwelling for the purposes of viewings to prospective purchasers or tenants. Where there is a clause in a lease to this effect, the RTB Tribunal have indicated that any requirement to facilitate two or more viewings a week in the last month of the tenancy would breach the tenants right to peaceful and exclusive occupation of the dwelling. "

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In the context of COVID-19, I would say no.

You are entitled to peaceful enjoyment of your home.

Perhaps offer to take photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Be there for the viewing and offer your advice to potential tenants.

"It's a great place if you like broken stuff"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

Be there for the viewing and offer your advice to potential tenants.

"It's a great place if you like broken stuff"

And be sure to cover your (properly masked) mouth while you're coughing up a lung or three, of course. That ought to reduce the time of said viewings significantly... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Yes, that's pretty much it. If she's been a crap LL then tell her no viewings

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

She’s been difficult for the past 4 years that’s why I’m moving out she won’t fix anything or get anything repaired.

My house was broken into last Monday and won’t get the door fixed either she said I’f she doesn’t she has to replace windows also she’s a slum landlord sadly.

I just wanna know when I stand legality until the 10th of June.

Tell the first person that comes to view exactly that, she won't bother you again about letting people in.

Advertisement