Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hum / whine noise Raheny D5

Options
  • 17-05-2021 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

anybody got any idea what is causing the whining noise in the area? seems constant. but more audible at night in evening. driving me Nuuuutss!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And just like that I find a page I never knew existed! Sorry no answer to your question though.

https://dublincityairandnoise.ie/monitors

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stuboy01

is_that_so wrote: »
    And just like that I find a page I never knew existed! Sorry no answer to your question though.

https://dublincityairandnoise.ie/monitors

yeah saw that. no answer there

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I can't hear it over here in the Killester end of D5 now when I just checked and I'm normally susceptible to high pitched sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

ixoy wrote: »
    I can't hear it over here in the Killester end of D5 now when I just checked and I'm normally susceptible to high pitched sounds.

Maybe your neighbour has an anti teenager ‘alarm’ . My parents have a double cycle anti mouse plug in think and I can hear it. Drives me mental if the radio isn’t on to cover it.

I have been able to hear it for the last year. It's not a local teenager alarm. Was out for a walk on the coast road the other evening and it was very loud. its like the wind whistling through something, but it is a constant pitch and tone, so not artificial. It's not my imagination either LOL, the wife heard it when we were walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Get it the odd time around midnight as I'm trying to sleep.Sounds like the hum of a large diesel engine in the distance to me.1st time I heard it I thought the council was putting down tarmac,but took a drive around the next day and couldn't see any new road surface etc.

Get it the odd time around midnight as I'm trying to sleep.Sounds like the hum of a large diesel engine in the distance to me.1st time I heard it I thought the council was putting down tarmac,but took a drive around the next day and couldn't see any new road surface etc.

Yes, I first noticed it at night with the window open. Wife thought I was nuts. You rarely notice it during day because of other noises, but the wind direction makes a difference too. One of those things that once you hear it, you can't unhear it. Really annoying.

Please note I have not mentioned some nutty 5G tower conspiracy crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ulmus

The wind turbines at Father Collins Park were causing noise problems in 2011.
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/28600669/wind-turbine-noise-angers-residents-dublin-people

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

It could b a train engine, a ship or a power station.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Could it be Dublin Port? The large cranes there can make a very loud and annoying noise (similar to what you have just described).

Was walking over near bull island/clontarf a few weeks ago and i couldn't get over how loud it was.

• Advertisement

Could be the port, a power station also potential. but it's just a steady note, no break or variance in tone. like tinitus but an actual note.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So I heard something very audible like this tonight in Killester. Are others still hearing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

5G :rolleyes:

Advertisement