Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1 Theory Test Date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can you go further afield than Dublin?

If you're able to check every day they do release new ones as people cancel.

If possible grab the first date you see with your own PPS number/driver number, and then check every day with someone else's number (you can't search when you've booked one already) and when you find a nearer one cancel yours and book that new date.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Theory test was cancelled when we were in L5 so there's a lot of demand. Do as Varik says and check every day, or even every few hours, for cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Varik wrote: »

If possible grab the first date you see with your own PPS number/driver number, and then check every day with someone else's number (you can't search when you've booked one already) and when you find a nearer one cancel yours and book that new date.
    You said this six months ago. You were wrong then and you're still wrong.
    You can click on "reschedule your test" and search for closer dates.
    If you do find a closer date you can book that one and still continue to search for even closer dates again.

In fairness, it's not good to be handing out totally incorrect advice to people who are just trying to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    You said this six months ago. You were wrong then and you're still wrong.
    You can click on "reschedule your test" and search for closer dates.
    If you do find a closer date you can book that one and still continue to search for even closer dates again.

In fairness, it's not good to be handing out totally incorrect advice to people who are just trying to get started.

When you reschedule it, it tells you in clear terms you are losing the date you currently have and it can't be undone. There's no going back if you don't like what you see.

In a normal year that'd be fine as if you didn't like next Thursday there's always next Friday as there'd be plenty of space, but here you'd keep getting a new date that are pushed out until you get lucky and get a closer one.

If you use someone else number to search, then your original date is safe and getting closer, and when you find a new date you can reschedule and grab it knowing it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

You can search for closer dates while rescheduling. You do not lose your current appointment until you actually chose another date.
    I moved an appointment 3 times last November (just before Theory Testing restarted on Dec 1st). Each time I went for a closer date without losing my previous appointment until I picked the new date.
    I moved it from April this year to 18/12 to 10/12 and finally got 1/12 in my second nearest centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭eoin.d

Varik wrote: »

As far as i know you can book as many as you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Theory test is still cancelled. They are arranging tests for people who had appointments cancelled at the end of May first but there's no indication when it will be back to normal.

Advertisement