Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf lessons in Dublin or sorrounding counties?

Options
  • 17-05-2021 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Has anyone got any good reviews of people around Dublin? Ideally looking for someone who utilizes tech but not a deal-breaker if they don't.

Eoin Gibbons would be my first choice but he's booked until Late June!

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Eoin is the best at diagnosing and analysing your swing around

He sometimes struggles helping you get it sorted. I learned more from him than any other teacher

So much so that there is no point going with anyone else or him till I find a way to get OTT under control

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Eoin is the best at diagnosing and analysing your swing around

He sometimes struggles helping you get it sorted. I learned more from him than any other teacher

So much so that there is no point going with anyone else or him till I find a way to get OTT under control

Can i ask why you wouldnt go back to him if you are struggling with OTT, did he give you something to work on and you just need to work on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭OEP

Sergio in Spawell is good. He's big into tech and biomechanics, maybe a little too much for me, but if you're into that you'd like him. He's very generous with his time too, if he sees you in the range he'll stop and give you 10 minutes of his time to have a look at how you're getting on and anything you need to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

etxp wrote: »
    Can i ask why you wouldnt go back to him if you are struggling with OTT, did he give you something to work on and you just need to work on it?

Nothing he was suggesting was working for me. I take oncology meds that effect my movement, so am a very special case. I just feel like there would be no point till I get back a way to at least reduce it.

Currently I am helping it with exaggerated feet position which Eoin I am sure wouldnt be a fan of....all in all is a great coach and probably more geared to single digit handicappers

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

OEP wrote: »
    Sergio in Spawell is good. He's big into tech and biomechanics, maybe a little too much for me, but if you're into that you'd like him. He's very generous with his time too, if he sees you in the range he'll stop and give you 10 minutes of his time to have a look at how you're getting on and anything you need to work on.

Yeah when I said tech, I just meant moreso like a trackman/GC4 and maybe something like Bodytrak, I think it definitely helps when you have that data to review.

Sergio does seem like it's all guided by tech which is probably a bit too much for me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭OEP

11521323 wrote: »
    Yeah when I said tech, I just meant moreso like a trackman/GC4 and maybe something like Bodytrak, I think it definitely helps when you have that data to review.

Sergio does seem like it's all guided by tech which is probably a bit too much for me too!

To be fair to him, it's not all guided by tech. You don't have to do any of the 3D stuff or Biomechanics that he offers, I didn't anyway. He uses Trackman and shows you everything on cameras from two different angles which is good. Also has Swing Catalyst which is similar to Boditrak I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am curious because my question is similar.

Who did you end up going to? Eoin, Sergio?

Advertisement