Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomutant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

ZiabR wrote: »
    Just wait... It will be coming to game pass. They will get whatever revenue they can from a month or two of sales and then Microsoft will pay them a chunk to add it to game pass.

It has game pass written all over it. I will 100% give it a go on game pass.

554041.JPG

I'm sensing...Game Pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ZiabR wrote: »
    Keep us updated please.

refunded it after an hour and a half.

Looks nice and all, but it's a pretty dull combo driven rpg.

character selection is good, nice little spin on what your character will look like based on attribute levels.

Like i said, it's pretty. character moves well, for the most part. i did get stuck climbing a chain at one point then glitched back to where i started.

Unskippable tutorial stuff, which is mostly very very basic.. fcukin annoying. I made two characters, 1 ranged and 1 melee - same with both.

combat is good but if i wanted to play streetfighter or tekken, i'd play them.
    KB/Mouse setup is just not right for this type of game.

It feels more like a beat'em up than an RPG, which is fine if that's your thing, it's just not mine.

There's literally no story to speak of in the first hour, you get one choice (dark or light) at the start then the usual combat, exploring and questhub, all the while being stopped midstep by tutorials.

Frustrating.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems really disappointing. An indie game free from the interference from publishers and yet they decided to make the most ubisoft, ubisoft game since.... the last thing ubisoft put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I guessed as much from even the earliest snippets they put out, they showed the character run across what first appeared like wide open plains [until you realise most of the area looks much the same and there's nothing to do but run through] get into some random, bland attack and slash fights, then run along to the next

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And yet Breath of the Wild exists and shows how good Ubisoft games could and should be (although I heard Fenyx takes a lot of lessons from BotW and is a fantastic game so maybe we will see Ubisoft improve their own formula).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played close to 2 hours on steam and got a refund, its pretty poor.
    No wonder we saw nothing up until a few weeks before launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Seems like alot of refunds alright. Some people love it and others think its very poor. Is there at least potential there?

Oh dear ... anyone who's bought the game just ignore ...

Already posted.

And again in your quote ... simply didn't see it, no big deal once people ineterested do see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

So after the dodgy reviews I let my heart rule my head and bought this anyway.... Few hours in and enjoying so far, feel it's only getting better now tutorial parts are done and the world opens up

• Advertisement
Advertisement