Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hoka One One sizing

• 17-05-2021 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭

Anyone any advice?

I wear 10.5 Asics. Git a pair of Kayanos but find them heavy enough.

I need the support as I'm coming off plantar fasciitis and a mid achilles issue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

I've had a couple of pairs of Cliftons and a couple of their trail shoes. Generally the same overall size as I would be in other brands like Saucony and Adidas, but I did have to get a wide fit in all the Hoka shoes as I found them quite narrow. I don't have that issue in the other brands I mentioned so might be something to consider. If its your first pair of Hokas it would be no harm get into a shop to try them on, they are a hard shoe to find cheaper than shop prices online anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LukFwd

Definitely agree on getting the wider fit option. I have quite a narrow foot and never had width issues with other brands. Did get my 2nd and 3rd pair of Hoka’s in the wider fit and love them. Great cushioning without the weight. Always thought Kayanos were like bricks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Not sure which Hokas you're considering but for example the very popular Cliftons have a heel drop of 5mm iirc. The heel drop of the Kayano in comparison is 10 or 12mm I think? This is something to watch out for as the lower heel drop might aggravate your achilles issue, you may need to transition to them slowly. I'd recommend try to get to a good running shop, if it's just a lighter shoe you're after then there are probably lots of suitable options out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭longrunn

I'm a UK 10.5 in Asics but UK 11 in Hokas. Both are EUR 46.

My Hokas are Speedgoat 4 and I'll echo what the posters above say about them being tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

I'm a size 10, in reality probably somewhere between 9.5-10. Hokas I own:

Clifton 5 - Size 10. Very snug, should've gone for 10.5. I have to wear them with very thin socks.

Carbon X - Size 10.5. Amphibian King recommended 10.5. nice fit, quite roomy in toe box. I probably could have got away with a 10 for a better racing fit.

Challenger ATR 5 - Size 10 (not the wide version). Perfect fit. Definitely recommended if you do some lighter trails.

Not sure how any of that helps. As a rule I'd say go half a size up, but if you can go into a store and try them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

I purchased a pair of Hoka OneOne Clifton 7 runners exactly a year ago. I don't run a huge amount, maybe 10km a week on average, but was disappointed to see how they wore down so quickly. I've had Asics and Nike in the past and get more than a year out of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭sportzstar

How long did you have them before they wore down that much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I've a pair of Clifton's as well a year old and have similar wear with similar usage as yourself . i find i need to size up a half size over my normal size over them.

Advertisement