Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive: Need advice on next steps

Options
  • 18-05-2021 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am 36 and we kept trying for 4-5 months now so just was wondering if someone can advise me what would be our next steps

Before starting , I went to my gynecologist back in home country and did ultrasound. She discovered endometrial cyst on one side, making it pretty much useless , while the other side was clear.

Also, I wasn't ovulating for some reason. She prescribed me Chlomide and this helped with ovulation going forward.

Now where should I go and what should I do for next steps ? Would fertility clinic be the right place to visit or should I go to gynecologist for more tests?

I am covered by VHI, so it would be great to use that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

Hi there,

I think the guidelines here are, if your over 35 and trying for 6 months, maybe get checked out, so it would do no harm to book yourself in somewhere.

I guess you can go to your gp who can run some bloods and also refer you to a gynie, however I know there can be long waiting lists to see gynies privately.
    Or you can book straight in with a fertility clinic I think, I have no experience of this but it could be a quicker option.
    I follow a girls on Instagram called the fertility hack, Laura works in waterstone clinic and is a wealth of knowledge for all things fertility.

I think there is also a new gynaecology clinic opened in the rotunda, maybe worth looking into.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

With VHI (depending on your plan) you can get discounted rates in Repromed. Check if your policy covers that. As far as I know the initial consultation (if you are covered) is €50. Some tests that they will recommend will also be discounted. You don't need a referral but if you prefer you can also go via GP and have them do some of the initial tests. Best to get on to these things asap, it can be a long road. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Yellow_Blue

Hi All,

Thank you fr your input.

I've started with Repromed. I found online consultation ok, but connectivity issues didn't add any joy. On top of my issues with non-ovulation and endometriosis they discovered that My Egg count is below avarage for my age and advise Tubal Patency test next as well as some bloods. I'm not 100% sure how is it suppose to help with investigation of my ovulation issues so i assume there are more tests for that matter coming after this. I am a bit hesitant here. I thought they first investigate issues with ovulation and try to find out the route cause but it looks like they have standard approach...The cost of the test is 400 EUR with extra 100 for consulataion and extra 100 for bloods. . Any idea how much VHI Company plus 1.3 will cover? I havent found anything related to tubal patency tests in the policy. I might as well go home and do everything cheaper with no queues and off-line. Not that I am super keen on travelling when covid is still around. I guess another option is to find gyniclolgist here, but wold it mean that I have to start all the test from the scratch again ?

I guess my question here, is the optimal option to proceed with repromed. or are there any other ways to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 xeniane

Hi, I am sorry you are going through this. I would like to recommend seeing a fertility expert (not a gynecologist) who has knowledge in low ovarian research, and other stuff related to infertility and modern, more advanced, treatments.

Advertisement