Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have 3 chicken breasts - What to cook?

Options
  • 18-05-2021 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭

I have 3 chicken breasts that I need to use. I want to cook something nice with them but I am all out of ideas. Preferably something with pasta for the teenagers.

Any ideas?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I have 3 chicken breasts that I need to use. I want to cook something nice with them but I am all out of ideas. Preferably something with pasta for the teenagers.

Any ideas?

Sorry for your troubles...maybe see a GP?

Oh wait, I misunderstood... chop chicken into pieces. Stir-fry with a sliced red pepper & sliced onion. Boil pasta. Add together. Stir. Into an oven proof dish. Smother with cheese. 10 mins in a hot oven. Serve.

Any ideas?

Season them, wrap them in parma ham and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Can be served with just about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Thanks but just one question - do I put them in tinfoil?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

As above, but add a filling of soft cheese before wrapping.

No.

Enjoy :).

No, you want to crisp up the ham around the outside so cooking them uncovered is fine. Use a wire rack if you can, like the toasting tray from the grill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

If you want to stick with the pasta angle, you could do a creamy chicken and bacon pasta, either with or without tomatoes. If they're into mushrooms, that would also go nicely, just I know many are not.

Examples, with tomato or without.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Creamy Tuscan Chicken - it's gorgeous but a little goes a long way.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a19636089/creamy-tuscan-chicken-recipe/

I also make this with salmon and is just as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Jar of pesto (or homemade), bag of pine nuts toasted in a pan and a ball of fresh mozzarella

Marinade chicken in pesto for a few hours then place on a tray in an oven at 180 for 15 mins, slice mozzarella and place on top of chicken and cook until cheese melted and chicken cooked through. Add toasted pine nuts just before serving and some sundried tomatoes if you like.

Very easy and very tasty

edit, you could cook some pasta separately then add to the remaining sauce after taking the chicken out of the tray,

I can attest this is delicious

https://gimmedelicious.com/chicken-ranch-wraps/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

angeleyes wrote: »
    Creamy Tuscan Chicken - it's gorgeous but a little goes a long way.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a19636089/creamy-tuscan-chicken-recipe/

I also make this with salmon and is just as nice.

Can vouch for this one, really is tasty as f*ck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Had this tonight. Yummy. The parma ham is a game changer. I thought it might get too dry or burnt but it was perfect. The chicken kept its moisture and the flavour was lovely. I did put a mix of cheese and brocoli into the chicken breast. Served with baked spuds. Gorgeous really.

Thanks all.

Advertisement