Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispute with housemates

Options
  • 18-05-2021 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I've been renting a house for nearly 2 years, I've gotten on well with my housemates. The house has a nice atmosphere it is always clean as we have a schedule and bills are always paid on time. In general I've never really had any issues worth mentioning.

When the pandemic started I had to start working and studying from home, my partner was still attending work but studying from home. We very quickly realised we needed stronger Internet and told our housemates we would get our own so we wouldn't be using the main house WiFi anymore. Everyone agreed and we moved on.

This week they are insisting we must pay their WiFi bill because we lent our TV to use in the common area for a group movie on the weekend. We had bought a WiFi extension so that when our TV gets used in the common areas it will not use the main WiFi as it is way too slow anyway. However they are still insisting that we must be using the main WiFi.

I've really never had any arguments with my housemates before and I'm just tempted to pay their bill as it is not much for me and I really don't want to fight about such a small amount of money.

But I know that I haven't used their WiFi, I don't even have the password saved on any device and I'm already paying significantly more money for my own faster WiFi, I have no reason to use the slow House WiFi that is split between way too many people.

I guess I'm just wondering if I should stand my ground or just give them the money? It seems like something ridiculous to be disagreeing over
    (ps I've shown that the password is not saved anywhere, and shown them the Wi-Fi extension)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Tell them to **** off.
    If you pay this they will keep this up and make you pay for more stuff.
    They are testing how far they can go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

^^ this.

And next time charge them €10 admission to movie night. And sell them popcorn for €6 a tub. And they can't bring their own food.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement