Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Now I am starting to worry if Martinez will start and if I will have any keeper at all.

Martinez is starting .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Martinez is chasing a CS record for Villa as far as I know. Also chasing a FPL record for GKs this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

NEW: Dubravka, Krafth, Fernandez, Dummett, Murphy, Shelvey, Willock, Ritchie, Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Joelinton

Subs: Gillespie, Clark, Lewis, M. Longstaff, Hendrick, Manquillo, S. Longstaff, Gayle, Carroll

SHU: Ramsdale, Bogle, Basham, Egan, Robinson, Stevens, Osborn, Norwood, Fleck, McGoldrick, Jebbison

Subs: Foderingham, Lowe, Jagielka, Brunt, Gordon, Boyes, Seriki, Lundstram, Brewster

AVL: Martinez, Konsa, Hause, Mings, Targett, Nakamba, McGinn, Traoré, El Ghazi, Grealish, Watkins

Subs: Steer, Elmohamady, Taylor, Luiz, Barkley, Ramsey, Philogene-Bidace, Chukwuemeka, Wesley

TOT: Lloris, Tanganga, Dier, Alderweireld, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Winks, Bergwijn, Alli, Son, Kane

Subs: Hart, Doherty, Aurier, Sanchez, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lamela, Bale, Lucas

WOL: Ruddy, Boly, Coady, Kilman, Semedo, Aït-Nouri, Moutinho, Neves, Traoré, Gibbs-White, Silva

Subs: Patricio, Sondergaard, Hoever, Saïss, Marcal, Dendoncker, Vitinha, José

EVE: Pickford, Mina, Keane, Godfrey, Coleman, Doucoure, Allan, Digne, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Olsen, Delph, Holgate, Iwobi, Nkounkou, Bernard, Gomes, Davies, King

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fitz* wrote: »
    Martinez is chasing a CS record for Villa as far as I know. Also chasing a FPL record for GKs this season.

Should be on penalties :)

That would help the fpl record.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Holding Semedo Son KANE (ESPECIALLY) - Bring the action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah it was good to watch. Do you think Sterling could be on his way out of City?
    I kind of compare him to a more long term version than Sane was. Sane had that great purple patch then dipped and Pep sold him on.
    Mahrez, Gundogan and Foden all seem to be far more consistent then Sterling.

Yeah I dunno what Peps plans for Sterling are, its not like City need to sell. But surely Sterling himself is looking at Foden and thinking if he doesnt up his own game he is going to be on the bench a lot next season. Foden just seems to get better and better while Sterling seems to have regressed, especially his finishing which has been pretty lacking this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah I dunno what Peps plans for Sterling are, its not like City need to sell. But surely Sterling himself is looking at Foden and thinking if he doesnt up his own game he is going to be on the bench a lot next season. Foden just seems to get better and better while Sterling seems to have regressed, especially his finishing which has been pretty lacking this year.

I put my faith in Sterling this year based on reputation alone. From an fpl point of view it was bad decision. Next season those who make the prices in fpl will have some job in pricing the city lads. Who will be the likely starters etc.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Bergwijn
    Bruno assist

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

VAR has jumped the shark entirely. Watkins should have had a pen there. Clear cut

And no assist for the goal btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

How is that not a pen for Watkins

• Advertisement

Reguilon OG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Knew there was a goal coming for Reguilon

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

munster87 wrote: »
    Reguilon OG

Cracking own goal, that was almost worth losing my Lloris clean sheet for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Kane playing DM is very annoying when I have him captain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

WATKINS!! Huge goal. Traore assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hopefully Bale will be on at half time. Expected him to start the two home games and bench v Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

I have Watkins first sub. Bad move in hindsight. Maybe in foresight too!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't know what to make of Spurs. What would the word be? Disjointed.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There is a FPL account saying that Burney fans won't be happy with the line up. I presume that means no Pope? Won't link it as it's not exactly a known reliable account but they did get some lineups correct last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I don't know what to make of Spurs. What would the word be disjointed.

Shocking. Haven't watched any of their recent games. Heard all the things of kane hitting posts etc. Abysmal so far. He hasn't had a sniff and very deep again like start of season.

• Advertisement

JPup wrote: »
    I have Watkins first sub. Bad move in hindsight. Maybe in foresight too!

Likewise, went with Kane & Antonio up front and benched Watkins to get a 5 man midfield.

For a team chasing Europe Spurs have been pretty dire. You can hear audible groans from the fans in the stadium every time they give away the ball, which has been a lot this half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fitz* wrote: »
    There is a FPL account saying that Burney fans won't be happy with the line up. I presume that means no Pope? Won't link it as it's not exactly a known reliable account but they did get some lineups correct last night.

Regret going Kane(c) over Salah now if Peacock is starting.

I don't know what to make of Spurs. What would the word be? Disjointed.

Eric Dier is absolutely horrendous

CRY: Guaita, Ward, Tomkins, Cahill, Mitchell, Townsend, Kouyaté, McCarthy, Schlupp, Benteke, Zaha

Subs: Butland, Clyne, Kelly, Van Aanholt, Riedewald, Rak-Sakyi, Ayew, Mateta, Batshuayi

ARS: Leno, Chambers, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Elneny, Partey, Pépé, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Aubameyang

Subs: Ryan, Cédric, Marí, Xhaka, Ceballos, Ødegaard, Willian, Martinelli, Lacazette

Watkins nearly with his second, Spurs have been a shambles at the back. Some of the crowd booing at half time

Wilock goal, thats 6 in 6 games now

Was too smart going ASM over Willock :(

Murphy assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What a horrendous gameweek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

siblers wrote: »
    What a horrendous gameweek

Still feels too early to tell. Top 10k average is at 20 and overall average is at 22. Lots of points still to come hopefully.

Advertisement