Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If Robertson had any decency he should have got a yellow so Phillips got the bonus.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    huge goal - up to 3 bps now

And Lingard on two - 12 point goal if you own both :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pity Lingard is on my bench.

Gonna end up on the mid 40s in end here which will leave Sunday a nervous one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Think I finish on 55.
    5 clean sheets in my team which is something to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Wow that last West Ham goal really messed things up for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Calvert Lewin be gone so either Bamford or Nacho back in.

Would like to get a Chelsea player in but absolutely no idea who will play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I do because I'm a tactical genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

28 point league lead gone. Think I'm holding the lead by 4 now. Feicer had Robbo, Foden and Cavani. And captained Bruno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

siblers wrote: »

Greetings fellow mensa candidate 👨*🎓

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

28 point league lead gone. Think I'm holding the lead by 4 now. Feicer had Robbo, Foden and Cavani. And captained Bruno.

11 to 7 for me! The -4 really screwed me along with the Fernandes assist, going Raphinha over Pereira and Willock, and antonio and lingard scoring at the end. If the Antonio goal didn't happen I was extending the lead to 19 :(

Either way, big day Sunday now with a couple of decisions to make! Just happy to be in the mix for a league win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

46 and red arrows to 125k

Can’t wait for full time whistle on Sunday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

have both, that goal was absolutely massive for me. Had a comfortable 60 point lead and a rival slashed it in half by 30 points just tonight alone. The Antonio/Lingz goal was serious damage limitation for me as it restores my lead to 42 points. He's still got a BB chip left but I should see it over the line bar a disaster on the final day.

All out on 39, worst gameweek since February

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It’s gas how FPL messes with your head.

That Anto and J Lingz link up saved my gameweek and saved me in the Boards LMS but I’m still a bit peeved off because I was pretty close to captaining Antonio as a differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    11 to 7 for me! The -4 really screwed me along with the Fernandes assist, going Raphinha over Pereira and Willock, and antonio and lingard scoring at the end. If the Antonio goal didn't happen I was extending the lead to 19 :(

Either way, big day Sunday now with a couple of decisions to make! Just happy to be in the mix for a league win.

Good point about still being in it. Been down to the wire a few times which is great craic. Usually... The league I'm effing and blinding about this year is worth a tidy sum. First time playing in a money league after playing for years. I'm not sure it's worth the additional stress though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Choo choo! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

54 in the end, delighted as I was on 11 @ 8:14 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Good point about still being in it. Been down to the wire a few times which is great craic. Usually... The league I'm effing and blinding about this year is worth a tidy sum. First time playing in a money league after playing for years. I'm not sure it's worth the additional stress though.

First time I've played a full season and mainly because I was in this league, worth a few bob too! But if you asked me first week would I take a small lead into the final week I'd have snapped your hand off for it. Never thought I'd be near it. Was mid table all the way to GW 23 or so, bridged a 130 point gap from then to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Having been very frustrated with Robertson for weeks he's absolutely saved my bacon tonight, nice little 15 pointer. Good man Robbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

All out on 45 and a smaller red arrow than feared. Leaving my two highest scoring players (Bamford and Rudiger) on the bench not helping but would have been a lot worse had my defenders not kept clean sheets and Lingard and new signing Periera getting some returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

16 (-4) from 6 before the 8:15 KOs.
    Finished with 54. Could have been a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Huge difference to the match day thread when there are multiple games on at the same time. Good ol craic despite the ****ty enough GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

closed the gap on first to 13 point and only 5 ahead of 3rd.

do i chase first or play smart and take second?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

but1er wrote: »
    closed the gap on first to 13 point and only 5 ahead of 3rd.

do i chase first or play smart and take second?

If you're not first you're last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Huge difference to the match day thread when there are multiple games on at the same time. Good ol craic despite the ****ty enough GW

Yeah and in all the commotion I didn’t even spot that Arsenal scored a third goal. Pépé netted his second in the 95th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

How on earth did Philips get less bonus than Firmino? Both scored a goal but Philips was immense all night keeping a clean sheet and clearing a goal bound header off the line. Can't understand that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sky PL showing all of Aguero's hat tricks now...fond memories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

53 all out. Take it when most of the big hitters all blanked.

Sets up Sunday nicely now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

I can't stop laughing. I captained Robertson... By mistake. 77 with 4 to come off the bench from Bruno. Makes up for all the woeful luck I've had all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Pighead wrote: »
    How on earth did Philips get less bonus than Firmino? Both scored a goal but Philips was immense all night keeping a clean sheet and clearing a goal bound header off the line. Can't understand that at all.

Forward scoring a goal is worth 24 points on the bonus system.
    Defender goal is just 12 (might seem unfair but they do get 2 extra 'real' points). Firmino was also the winning goal which is worth an extra 3.
    So that gives Firmino a healthy lead from the goals.
    The clean sheet is 12 which narrow the difference but crucially Firmino is still ahead.

By the way the 'clearance off the line' isn't considered anything special, its no different to a clearance at the edge of the box. Worth just half a point.

The 'How is the BPS score calculated?' within the 'scoring' section if you want to read further.
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

62 pts with Salah as capt, HEWT considering Bamford and Rudiger were on my bench.

Advertisement