If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV and Sonos Arc

Options
  • 18-05-2021 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hello, I'm weighing up my options for a new TV at the moment and I'd appreciate any help (I've previously bought two TVs and a Sonos Beam from you and been very pleased). After a lot of deliberation, the short version is that I'm looking at the Sony KE55A8BU, a Sonos Arc and a Panasonic DPUB820 4K Blu-ray player. I see that the A8 was a bit cheaper recently, but now there's a £100 gift voucher offer. Would I be able to apply this to the Arc? If so, what's the best you can do for the TV and the Arc together (I think the TV is cheaper in pounds currently)?

As for the Blu-ray player, it looks like it's unavailable to purchase online at the moment. Do you know if you'll be getting it back in stock at any point?

Thank you!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Hello, I'm weighing up my options for a new TV at the moment and I'd appreciate any help (I've previously bought two TVs and a Sonos Beam from you and been very pleased). After a lot of deliberation, the short version is that I'm looking at the Sony KE55A8BU, a Sonos Arc and a Panasonic DPUB820 4K Blu-ray player. I see that the A8 was a bit cheaper recently, but now there's a £100 gift voucher offer. Would I be able to apply this to the Arc? If so, what's the best you can do for the TV and the Arc together (I think the TV is cheaper in pounds currently)?

As for the Blu-ray player, it looks like it's unavailable to purchase online at the moment. Do you know if you'll be getting it back in stock at any point?

Thank you!
    Thanks for the post Thar_Cian!

The £100 gift voucher is only available in the sterling price but if you were to buy the TV first we could then do a second sale for the Sonos Arc and use the £100 vouchers against it! I actually have the Sony and the Arc in stock but I am completely out of stock of the Panasonic DPUB820 at the moment with no incoming date on them as stock is delayed due to production issues.

I do have the Sony UBPX800 though which would be a great match with the TV:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204258-sony-ubpx800m2-uhd-blu-ray-player.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think of this option! The Sony KE55A8 is currently £1299 with £100 of vouchers and the Sonos Arc is £799.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Hi David, thanks for getting back to me. The Sony UBPX800 is definitely my second choice, but I read that it lacks automatic Dolby Vision detection so I might hold out for the Panasonic. I saw on Sonos' site that I can get 15% off the Arc there, so I'll have to think about that. I'll definitely be purchasing a TV from you at some point this year once the price is right. :)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi David, thanks for getting back to me. The Sony UBPX800 is definitely my second choice, but I read that it lacks automatic Dolby Vision detection so I might hold out for the Panasonic. I saw on Sonos' site that I can get 15% off the Arc there, so I'll have to think about that. I'll definitely be purchasing a TV from you at some point this year once the price is right. :)
    Hey Thar_Cian.

I had a check on the Sonos site and didn't see the 15% off mentioned.
    If you can supply us with the link we can check it out to see if it qualifies for a price beat.

We are already cheaper without the 15% @ 869 Euro to their 899 Euro.

Hi, I have access to their 15% student discount.

Hi, I have access to their 15% student discount.
    Hey Thar_Cian.

If you can supply me the details for the discount via PM I can still look into this for you as a price beat.

• Advertisement

Hello, I sent a PM a while ago but didn't hear anything back.

I noticed the LG 55CX has a £150 discount code on the UK site – does this also apply to richersounds.ie? I'm still interested in the Sony KE55A8BU and was wondering if any of the bank holiday offers apply to it.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hello, I sent a PM a while ago but didn't hear anything back.

I noticed the LG 55CX has a £150 discount code on the UK site – does this also apply to richersounds.ie? I'm still interested in the Sony KE55A8BU and was wondering if any of the bank holiday offers apply to it.
    Hi Thar_Cian,

Our deals will be the same as on the .com site!

At the moment the only deal we have on the KE55A8 is £100 of vouchers when purchased in the sterling price.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hello, sorry to beat a dead horse, but I saw the Sony A85 here for a substantial discount (I realise it's a slightly different model) and was wondering if there's anything you can do about the A8 price. I also found the A8 at a nearby retailer listed for €70 cheaper. Thanks.

Hello, sorry to beat a dead horse, but I saw the Sony A85 here for a substantial discount (I realise it's a slightly different model) and was wondering if there's anything you can do about the A8 price. I also found the A8 at a nearby retailer listed for €70 cheaper. Thanks.
    Hey Thar_Cian.

Thanks for the post.

I couldn't do anything with the A85 as its not the same model unfortunately.

The one from Redmond Electrical looks to only come with a one year warranty.

If you paid our sterling price of £1299 depending on the exchange rate you bank give you should work our cheaper than their 1579 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-205265-sony-ke55a8bu-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

No worries. I see that the £100 voucher offer is back on the UK site – does that also apply to richersounds.ie? Regarding the gift vouchers, are there any terms to be aware of (expiry, exclusions, etc.)?

• Advertisement

No worries. I see that the £100 voucher offer is back on the UK site – does that also apply to richersounds.ie? Regarding the gift vouchers, are there any terms to be aware of (expiry, exclusions, etc.)?
    Hi Thar_Cian.

It would indeed apply to ourselves also. (Sterling pricing only).

There are no exclusions. It's simply £100 worth of Richersounds gift voucher to use towards your next purchase. There is no expiry date.
    We add a note to you're account for the £100 vouchers and it pops up as a reminder every time we would access your account.

If you purchase on our .ie website we will pick the order up and add the vouchers to your account. 

Thanks Kenny. I finally gave in and placed the order. :p

Thanks Kenny. I finally gave in and placed the order. :p
    Cheers for the order Thar_Cian.

I'm jealous now :p
    Always wanted a Sony OLED myself, You will not be disappointed. 

I'll get the vouchers added to you're account and have the TV shipped out in the morning.
    Our courier will then be in touch with the delivery details.

If you have any issues at all please let me know straight away.

Again thanks for the business we really do appreciate it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.