Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 12 Beta

Options
  • 18-05-2021 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭

Should I install it? How stable is it?

I've a 4a.

Comments

I have it on my 4a. It's been stable for the 5 minutes I've used it so far anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Is there much difference in everyday use? Look/feel...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Is there much difference in everyday use? Look/feel...

Different lock screen, different quick settings and different settings page are the main differences I've noticed.

Haven't checked if Google Pay is working, sometimes it doesn't work in a beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Different lock screen, different quick settings and different settings page are the main differences I've noticed.

Haven't checked if Google Pay is working, sometimes it doesn't work in a beta.

That's a deal breaker for me

Already noticed a small bug. When I pull up on the quick settings a little bit the network signal strength appears twice in the notification bar.

HeartyDifferentHogget-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Running Beta 2 (SPB2.210513.007) on my Pixel 4a. Definitely has some bugs below. My main gripe was the removal of Device Controls and GPay from the Power Control. I absolutely loved that feature and am hopeful it will return to the Pixel (as it was a Pixel feature). I will settle for it being on the lockscreen (bug, not working at the moment) but absolutely do not want it in Quick Settings (requiring two swipes and a click to get to it).

Crashing Apps:

First thing that occurred. Solution is to uninstall Android System Webview Updates
    Alternatively, sign up to the Webview Beta Program in the Play Store and wait

Lockscreen

Can't swipe up / down to see notifications or PIN unlock - must use fingerprint (this has fixed itself)
    New notifications show up nice and neatly, pushes the time up but don't swipe away
    Option in the Settings to view Device Controls on the Lockscreen doesn't show
    Option in the Settings to view Wallet on Lockscreen, always shows regardless of settings

Quick Settings

Colour scheme change based on wallpaper - brightness didn't change (reboot fixed)
    Double tap of the 3 button Recent Apps doesn't work, if you do it slowly it does (sometimes)

Wallpaper

Can't set an individual Lockscreen or Homescreen wallpaper, it's one or both (and swaps)

New Features

Quick Tap (double tap back of phone for a shortcut launch) doesn't work, nice to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have it too and I have a few issues.

Bubbles not working for telegram. Or clicking on the telegram notification doesn't bring me to the telegram app.

Sometimes on the home screen I can't click on anything, so I have to lock the screen once or twice before it becomes usable again.

A good few crashes too.

Some apps don't open on the first click, they open and then close straight away. They will then open the second time.

Running Beta 2 on pixel 3a.

When is the next beta out?

Raoul wrote: »
    When is the next beta out?

Mid July.

Aw no :(. Long time to go with a few very annoying bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Downgraded back to 11, far too buggy for me. May come back for beta 3 (or 4 if it happens).

• Advertisement

How do you go about downgrading? It is very buggy.

How do you go about downgrading? It is very buggy.

Unenroll from the beta and you'll get the firmware OTA. It will wipe your data however.

Unenroll from the beta and you'll get the firmware OTA. It will wipe your data however.

Ah crap. I don't want to wipe the data. :mad:

Ah crap. I don't want to wipe the data. :mad:

I would just stick with it until the next beta is out and see if it fixes your issues. Should be out in a week or two.

I would just stick with it until the next beta is out and see if it fixes your issues. Should be out in a week or two.

Yeah, will do. I can't get over how bad some of it is. I have been on betas before for custom ROMs that aren't as bad. :D

Yeah, will do. I can't get over how bad some of it is. I have been on betas before for custom ROMs that aren't as bad. :D

Don't have any issues myself. What problems are you encountering? Is it still these?

Yep, those there.

If an app like twilight is displayed over other apps, just for a quick pause or resume which pops up over other apps. I can't click on it and then it won't go away until I lock and unlock.

I use the nova launcher, that could be on of the issues.

I had no issues at all on the second beta, just installing the third one now.

Advertisement