Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be wise to disclose this in an assessment

Options
  • 18-05-2021 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently had an assessment for a new position. The assessment consisted of two parts, a capacity test and a personality test. I passed the capacity test but "failed" the personality test. They could tell I wasn't happy and stressed and asked me to elaborate. I am the subject of some rumors at work which bothers me and I feel rather unmotivated and peeved that nothing can be done about it. The psychologist told me to reapply for the test in three months time with the reasoning behind it that the rumors would have died down by then and they'd have a more concise test result.

Now, the opposite has happend and the situation has escalated to the point that I ask my TL that should I not pass the assessment a second time to transfer me to a different department which he declined saying that that is not a solution to my problem. I am worried that the current situation will again affect the outcome of the personality test in a negative way.

The first time I took the test there was a space where you could explain if there was anything going on that might affect the test in a negative way and I wonder should I elaborate on the situation, to tell them what's going on at work and ask that if the capacity test is okay, to grand me the opportunity to start again elsewhere or would I just be shooting myself in the foot doing that? Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Hang on, isn't the issue here that you're being bullied at work and your boss won't do anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Hang on, isn't the issue here that you're being bullied at work and your boss won't do anything about it?

Depends on whether rumours are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Dav010 wrote: »
    Depends on whether rumours are true.

True, I guess.

Regarding the original question:
    I wonder should I elaborate on the situation, to tell them what's going on at work and ask that if the capacity test is okay, to grand me the opportunity to start again elsewhere or would I just be shooting myself in the foot doing that?

You never say anything negative, ever, in a job interview type situation. Telling them other people have a problem with you, and you can't handle it, will almost certainly disqualify you.

Advertisement