Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunions!

• 18-05-2021 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey folks I wonder can ye recommend a suitable runner for a guy with a fairly large bunion! I pronate and have religiously stuck with Nike structures for the past 5-6 years. Clock up 30-35km a week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I can't recommend any runner but might as well give you my experience. I've only become aware of footstriking types in the last year but it looks like I supinate if anything judging by the wear of my runners (outside of the forefoot). Maybe I started subconsciously trying not to land hard on the ball of my foot or maybe it's the way I always ran, who knows.

With most new runners I get I sometimes get pins and needles on my outside toes during the first 1 or 2 long runs. But after that I don't tend to get issues once I've got the runner worn in a little. I started wearing a gel guard with toe spreader a couple of years back which I wear all day whether I'm running or not. I think that's definitely helped slow it from progressing further but also reduced the occurrence of pain. I run around 45-50 km per week myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Ceepo

rebelblaa wrote: »
    Hey folks I wonder can ye recommend a suitable runner for a guy with a fairly large bunion! I pronate and have religiously stuck with Nike structures for the past 5-6 years. Clock up 30-35km a week.

Sorry I can't help on the shoes. But have you ever tried to correct the bunion?

Advertisement