Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

You said......

It seems that new HD footage will make it's way out to the general public in the next month or so. It's been teased for a good six months or so.

That's not speculation or chatting about anything. That's a definitive statement and indicative of the type of claim which is all too common among the conspiracy swallowers around here. People make these claims, then put forward all sorts of crazy theories based on the possible content of the evidence which is always, always, always just out of reach or coming in the next X weeks etc. It's like a cliffhanger at the end of an episode of Eastenders, all that's missing is the drums at the end.

Just because you fervently disagree, doesn't make you the arbitrator of what is right and wrong.

I fervently disagree with your claim because, as is always the case, it is based on nothing bar the words/hopes of a few grifters in the CT community. There is no logical reason for someone/anyone to have conclusive proof of alien life and to hold onto it for 6, 7 or 8 months. Like, zero reason. If someone had footage of an alien, it would be on every news station for weeks on end. They wouldn't be teasing it out like some C-list rap singer. Instead of speculating about what it is, why not speculate about whether or not they're talking out of their holes?

I apologise if my manner seems overly brusque, but your previous post is par for the course round here. I'd like to thank you, though as you've reminded me of the following interaction I had under a previous username before I was doxxed and had to change it.......Our good friend posting in this thread @Arbitrary has previous in this regard. Almost exactly two years ago he made a claim that Princess Di was murdered by Epstein/Maxwell using mind control to force the driver to crash against his will. He even said "What do you think, I just came on here and I would take the whole world for a fool and make a wild claim that has no substance" then challenged anyone to a bet at odds of 5/1 that he'd be proven right and that everyone would be liable for damages for calling him a raving lunatic. They even claimed that they had personal/first hand proof of this off-the-wall claim, and that it hadn't come from online.

That bet was accepted and Arbitrary disappeared for months and months on end, before crawling back out of the woodwork like nothing had ever been agreed. What happened at the end of the agreed time limit for proof to come out? Well, the thread is here for anyone who wants to have a nose......

• Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Obviously, they haven't learned anything over the last 5 years.

What will the next vague excuse for the delay be...

What's another year.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

"Ongoing efforts will reveal themselves".

Won't specific what kind of efforts or how they will reveal themselves. Could be plans to make plans for another hearing like the previous one where we heard a whole bunch of nothing.

Doesn't even say when in 2024. It could be Christmas 2024 if it isn't pushed back or outright forgotten about.

Just gotta keep stringing them along.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

And it seems.. that I am correct.

AARO made mention today of the efforts that are currently being made to declassify footage of the Alaskan UAP that was shot down. Probably a big Chinese Spy Balloon but it's footage nonetheless and another thread to pull on.

I just read through some of Arbitrary's posts on this topic and yes, I can see why you jump to irritation. As for the other stuff, well, I don't even know what to say to all of that. Sounds awful.

And for the record, I am half in the camp of, they should just release the juice if they had it, and half in the camp of, absolutely do not release it. Out society can't even handle covid mandates. How would we cope with information about other life forms.. badly I suspect. Keep it locked up !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

How would we cope with information about other life forms.. badly I suspect.

It would be a whole lot of boredom from people mostly, and a few excited scientists.

Extraterrestrial life is going to be discovered in fragments of a comet, or an odd shade of light on a telescope which someone with a fancy job title at some university will tell us means that some gas has been observed around a planet a few million light years away. We'll then just go back to getting on with our days.

We are not going to find out about ET by one of them landing their flying saucer on the White House front lawn.

It won't be any discovery which some US agency can keep quiet either as will just be some boring university press release about a new paper where they think they have seen such and such in that place and it likely means this thing... Then a bunch of other universities will start looking at the same things in different places and coming up with their own theories... Then eventually they will agree that this thing they have seen does actually means that thing... Then they will start looking at the next thing... It won't be a sudden blindingly obvious declaration that aliens have communicated with us in some way.

• Advertisement

Oh no doubt.

I just wonder about the sociological implications. Say you knew, 100%. That's going to **** a lot of things up. Religion? What's the point? Some argue, this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but there's a sizeable proportion of the planet, who mentally couldn't deal with their being a Jesus, God and that's about the height of it.

What airline is going to be able to get insurance if there are things flying around with impunity?

What's the literal point of going into work? Standing in line to Q.

So my bet, is that even if there is knowledge. All we should probably ever get, is tales of new space dust, and new scientific papers on space dust.

You trivialise what the implications of society on knowledge of Alien life would do.

Btw. You seem reasonably knowledgeable on all of this.. so why does the community not talk about advanced tech? Not even a hint that X object in the sky is absolutely one of theirs. No speculation whatsoever on their own black projects. I just find that really bizarre. And no one, no one mentions Werner Von Braun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

"Religion? What's the point? Some argue, this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but there's a sizeable proportion of the planet, who mentally couldn't deal with their being a Jesus, God and that's about the height of it"

Religion has had plenty of "oops" moments over the years, and the steady march of scientific progress has eroded a lot of the superstition religion it's based on. Yet those with faith continue to believe. I don't think the fact that there is extraterrestrial life would make much difference to the true believers.

"so why does the community not talk about advanced tech? Not even a hint that X object in the sky is absolutely one of theirs. No speculation whatsoever on their own black projects"

Not sure what you mean by "the community"? But if you mean, for example, the US defence dept, then I would imagine it's because they go to a huge amount of trouble to keep these things secret. They keep them secret because they don't want possible adversaries to know what they're up to in terms of new tech/weapons. I would have thought this was obvious.

It is obvious. Obviously not what I meant.

I mean, the community as a whole. Call them the Joe Rogan brigade. Those who he had had on his podcast, and they themselves engage in podcasts. Ryan Graves etc.

Of course the US defense department are not going to come out and say...oh that's us. That's the OL78. Lovely isn't it. Not for sale.

Nick Cooks show from 2005, which aired on BBC, has been the only, and I mean only person to ever reference the Aurora.

It's like.. Mary has a new car. Everyone's seen it. Everyone's heard it. But all that anyone can talk about is her dog that's barking out the back.

It reminds me of the fuss that was made, before the XR-71 came out during Desert Storm. Ufo sightings went through the roof!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There will not be any big Hollywood movie alien discovery moment. It will be some boring academic discovery that only a handful of people notice or understand. The red top newspapers will run a couple of days stories about ET, then get bored and move onto something else. Religion will just say it's all part of their deity's plan. It will have zero impact on anyone's lives, other than create a few new subjects at research universities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Or it will be something like Rendezvous with Rama.

They don't really care about us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

So I've been blowing hot and cold on this topic for a few years now, so much promise of disclosure, time & time again, only for any soft proof to be shut down & discredited, then another glimmer of something ... then we discover its a fake (picture), then we get some more "concrete" promises leading to nothing, then again we are told there there is something really big in the offing, but it never happens, then we're told there is a UFO "as big as a football pitch" buried under a building, yet we can never be told where that is, and now we're told "THERE WILL BE BIG UAP NEWS IN NOVEMBER"!

..... but will anything appear?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

So invested. Don't worry about the bet. It has been settled. I can't wait to see the look on your face. You're right about everything. However, let's let time verify this and provide the answers you're badgering me for.

Once again, attack the point, not the person. It just shows your level of maturity when you have to resort to puerile insults. It also says alot about your frequency of energy, and the level of genetic mutations in your dna, and accompanying psychology. You don't want to win, you just want to be right.

Post edited by Arbitrary on

The bet hasn't been settled. The bet was with me, before you temporarily closed your account and before I was forced to close mine and open a new one. You lost and never paid up. Everyone can see how much of a fraud you are and anyone who takes you seriously is a fool.

Edit: You have since edited your above post with a load of waffle. That post wasn't even in reply to you.

The point stands, you guaranteed something would happen then ran off with your tail between your legs when it didn't, now you're back, strutting around the place like you won, like a peacock, claiming to have inside knowledge and that you're no conspiracy theorist, and you only believe in what you can prove.

Turns out, you can prove sweet fcuk all because that's the total sum of your knowledge. You, sir, are a charlatan.

Your entire post won't even quote properly due to all of the edits, so:

Once again, attack the point, not the person.

I am attacking it. Your point was "I only believe in things you can prove", yet you believe stuff that is unproven like God, UFOs and Princess Di being murdered due to Epstein connections. If you could prove any of this, you would. You even said you would for some of them, were given 6 months to do it, and came up with SFA. In short, your point is full of sh1t.

It just shows your level of maturity when you have to resort to puerile insults.

What about making unsubstantiated claims, welching on bets, running from those you owe, ignoring your own blatant hypocrisy and claiming you've won the battle when your argument is in the toilet? What does that show?

It also says alot about your frequency of energy, and the level of genetic mutations in your dna, and accompanying psychology. You don't want to win, you just want to be right.

Word soup that doesn't actually mean anything. Literally a load of nonsense. I have won, btw and I am right. The fact you haven't paid up yet doesn't mean you've won.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

And another thread ruined by two imbeciles fighting.

Ruined? What was ruined?

All the spurious BS being spouted by others?

The nonsense posts calling anything that can't be explained "alien craft"?

The false projections that something is about to come out of the woodwork soon?

Or the false prophet who can prove God exists, but chooses not to for reasons known only to himself?

Or maybe it's your own creative writing fantasies about Future Humans time travelling back to ourselves that was ruined?

Post reported for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

He's right. Only difference is, what I've raised is directly tied to the subject matter of this thread, the suppression of science and technology. And all I'm saying here is we're going to get the truth. Heheheheh prophet, buddy it's not like I'm here claiming I'm the second coming of Jesus Christ with a time travel painting on my wall, along with ETs behind the bible prophecies communicating to me via mind control along side global authorities investigating a pedo ring. That would be funny though if that really turned out to be true. You'd probably understand at that point where I got my information from though, in which case, you're definitely going to be hearing all about this. (tongue in cheek, maybe, take it or leave it).

Let's let time write history. Not people posting on boards.ie. You're really wound up over this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

@Yeah Right and @Arbitrary that's enough bickering. You're both passed the stage of being able to discuss the topic in a civil way. Leave it at that between you both.

HS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

It appears that Sean Kickpatrick's tenure at ARRO is coming to an end. Whether he is being forced out or has found out that his claims from the past regarding UFOs are turning out to be untrue? In recent days, there has been a noticeable change in the behavior.

Perhaps it is due to his imminent departure, but he seems to have become more forthcoming with information. Over the course of the past week, he has admitted that the UFO phenomenon is either alien technology or belongs to a foreign power.  Debunkers employ various explanations, such as pigeons, clouds, swamp gas, and commercial planes to discredit it all.

ARRO maintains a firm conviction that the objects observed in the skies are the product of advanced technology belonging to Aliens or a foreign power.

In a recent revelation from Sean Kirkpatrick, it has been disclosed that he has spoken with some of the same individuals that Grusch had conversed with. Kirkpatrick has admitted that the details and information shared by these people are turning out to be true. However, it is important to note that there is still an ongoing investigation in terms of historical review and story arc to it all.

That makes sense. Unveiling hidden history poses several challenges that necessitate cross-referencing and reviewing. In many cases, historical UFO records may be fragmented, distorted, or intentionally suppressed, making it difficult to construct a coherent narrative even inside the Pentagon.

Either way, an acknowledgment in this Q&A that Grusch whistleblowers are indeed providing information about events and things in the past that is true, is very helpful.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript/Article/3575588/aaro-director-dr-sean-kirkpatrick-holds-an-off-camera-media-roundtable/

Finally, I am hearing that in 2024 there will be some stunning UFO revelations that will shock the world. It's time to put an end to this cover-up. We see next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Kirkpatrick doesn't believe the US has "alien spacecraft" or any of that.

He hasn't made any "claims" of the sort. He just makes logic statements that (I'm sorry to say) uninformed people misinterpret, and rags like the Daily Mail can spin for innuendo to get clicks.

For example, when people were testifying they saw aliens, he said he believed they believed what they saw.

Nothing has been admitted as being true about UFO sightings, other than that they are as yet "unidentified". And being "unidentified" means just that, nothing more.

That adds absolutely zero weight to claims of aliens. It adds only a tiny bit of weight to claims of foreign powers being responsible... But you don't tend to shout about foreign powers having technology that you cannot identify as that exposes weaknesses in your defenses.

It's still vastly more likely that any of these UFOs are actually foreign military, or weather balloons, than being anything from off the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I heard big things are coming in 2024, definitely this time.

From what I've seen on Xwixxer, the UFO true believers seem to be happy that Kirkpatrick is on the way out. Not the kind of attitude you'd expect toward someone who has seen the goods.

When you say you "are hearing" what you actually mean is that you see grifters on twitter etc claiming this right before begging people to keep donating to them.

Like they did last year. And the year before. And the year before.

It's always next year that full disclosure will come. Or the evidence will be produced. And always will be as long as folks like yourself keep falling for this trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I believe there is a difference between UFO and alien ... UFO means unidentified flying object ... which means no one knows what it is ... that means it is not something the country it is seen in is aware of ... I believe most UFOs are Russian spycraft when seen in America and American spycraft when seen in Russia, etc, etc ...

Aliens are life forms from other worlds .... which I firmly believe exist .... I also believe alien life forms could well be very like those here ... afterall the building blocks of life came to here via a comet and prob to other worlds via same ...

But the life on other worlds may not be humanoid in all cases .... it may be plants, reptiles, non-human mammals, other forms ... there is no evidence of aliens visiting here from another planet but plenty theories exist ... how many books written about abductions ... they make nice fictional adventures but that is all they are imo .... we have no proof life is more advanced on other planets or we have no proof either that there exists planets near enough to us to actually get to here ... if life is like what is here it would be impossible to visit another planet with life on it within a being's lifetime ... never the less some popular arguments are made to say aliens have come and gone or are among us ....

... the pyramids and other ancient structures .... how did they build these? must be giant aliens ...

... Atlantis ... a continent that sunk, the Americas remembered tenuously and passed down as legend, or an alien entity that came and went .... I believe it was the middle one but others will claim the third one ....

... Hungarians and Finnic peoples .... not related to other people in the region so must be aliens ...

These are some of the myths ... but myths is all they are imo .... I would be tempted to say Trump supporters are aliens though!

I also believe that if aliens really decided to come here ... we'd all be very aware of them and there would be pure panic no matter how dangerous they'd really be .... no doubt the alien would be ferocious killer and not something less harmful! Just think Covid panic and multiply it 1000 fold ....

In his final interview before leaving office, Kirkpatrick made a surprising admission that sheds new light on the claims made by Grusch and whistleblowers. Despite your previous assertion that Grusch and the whistleblowers are all frauds, it seems that Kirkpatrick's recent revelation confirms that there may be some truth to their allegations.

You can find in this link. Quotes below.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript/Article/3575588/aaro-director-dr-sean-kirkpatrick-holds-an-off-camera-media-roundtable/

Q: One quick follow up question. So, you said you think you've all talked to the same people David Grusch did. Are you able to expand on that? What did they share with you all?

DR. KIRKPATRICK: No. For a variety of reasons, so we -- we, obviously, we are obligated to protect all these people's identities for – for all kinds of reasons. What they are reporting, we are documenting. They are reviewing and then revalidating that this is what they want to say. We then research all of that collectively. There is a – there is a, if you think of it as a story arc, there's a number of people that kind of fit into this story arc. 

But then there's these little offshoots and variations on themes. We're investigating each and every one of them. We're cross-referencing those. There are some bits of information that are turning out to be things and events that really happened. A lot of it is still under review, and we're putting all that together into our historical report.

Specifically, Kirkpatrick acknowledged that the information regarding certain events and things is indeed turning out to be true. This admission carries significant weight as it contradicts your previous dismissal of Grusch and the whistleblowers' claims. It is important to note that the allegations made by Grusch and the whistleblowers do not pertain to foreign power technology. Rather, they assert the existence of a UFO crash retrieval program, where a group has supposedly recovered alien spacecraft.

While skepticism is natural here when it comes to such extraordinary claims, Kirkpatrick's admission has opened up the possibility that there may be more to this story than initially believed, and he is learning that now. The departure of Kirkpatrick from office may be linked to new revelations that challenge their original statements from the past. It would be interesting to see if there is any difference in tone or language used by the new person coming in here after he leaves the ARRO office?

But the reason for why people are dismissing Gruash as a crank has not been addressed.

We've seen that he promotes a false UFO retrivial story as true either because he's lying or because he's imcompetant.

The fact that you and other believers won't acknowledge or deal with this shows that you understand this too. The fact that none of you guys will even admit that there's money being made by these guys is also very telling.

It's very bizarre you keep pretending as if other people are not able to see this.

As usual however, this is just another case of you taking a quote out of context.

He isn't supporting your beliefs. The grifters you are being fooled by are simply pretending he is and are secure in the knowledge that you won't question them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Despite your previous assertion that Grusch and the whistleblowers are all frauds

I have never written that Grusch is a fraud. It's important to read what is written correctly.

Kirkpatrick acknowledged that the information regarding certain events and things is indeed turning out to be true.

Of course some of it is true. I see an unidentified "thing" in the sky. Someone else sees the same unidentified "thing". It doesn't mean that "thing" is an "alien" and at no point does Kirkpatrick state that.

The problem is when one of those people starts believing the "thing" was an "alien" with no verifiable evidence.

As mentioned earlier some people just misread his logical statements, like you misread what I wrote about Grusch.

Spin what you like on here. Grusch and whistleblowers are not talking about lights in the sky; they are coming forward to detail knowledge and information about UFO crash retrieval programs. Kirkpatrick explicitly refers to a specific group of individuals. It is evident that he is addressing those people who are connected to the question at hand, specifically the Grusch whistleblowers.

Accusations against Grusch and the whistleblowers for telling lies and fabricating stories have been made, by you and others. Still do it. Yet Kirkpatrick admits there is truth to it.

• Advertisement

We also have to remember that a lot of the stories are like what was presented to congress in the first place. "X told me Y." And while it's true that X may have told this person Y, and that is verifiable, it doesn't then follow that Y is true or accurate.

Like with Gruash positing that there was a UFO recovered in Italy in the 30s. It's probably true that someone told him this fairy story. It doesn't mean that the story is any less obviously stupid and false.

Advertisement