Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade options

Options
  • 19-05-2021 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I’m due an upgrade on my phone since 2019 and I’m wondering what are the best options out there?
    I’m with vodaphone paying 40€ a month and don’t want to change from an iPhone. Anyway if getting a free 64/128g storage phone for free without paying more than I currently am?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

Hi all
    I’m due an upgrade on my phone since 2019 and I’m wondering what are the best options out there?
    I’m with vodaphone paying 40€ a month and don’t want to change from an iPhone. Anyway if getting a free 64/128g storage phone for free without paying more than I currently am?
    Thanks
    Not really a bargain alert
    It work out cheaper to buy sim free phone and sign up for sim only plan with eg Gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Bargain alerts to Mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Hi all
    Thanks

"Upgrades" don't make sense any more, and the phones aren't "Free"!. Don't be tempted by low or "free" handset prices which are recouped with higher monthly tariffs. Just get the best Sim-only monthly plan that meets your actual needs, and buy the handset outright. There was a time when "Upgrades" made sense, but not any more. If you are in a position to bundle your mobile with fibre broadband you can get mobile Sim-only "unlimited" for €9.99pm from Eir. Compared to you your current €40 plan, that's a saving of €360 per year towards your new handset! Even if you want to stay with iPhone, you won't be long paying for your new handset.

Advertisement