Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Payee with name longer than 20 characters

Options
  • 19-05-2021 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi. I've linked my PayPal account to my BOI account. In order to transfer money from my BOI account to my PayPal account I am trying to enter the account details provided by PayPal:

[font=PayPal-Sans, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]follow your bank’s instructions for making a payment transfer. Be sure to use the details exactly as they appear here:[/font]

[font=PayPal-Sans, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Name of payee[/font]
    [font=PayPal-Sans, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.[/font]

[font=PayPal-Sans, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]When I try to add this payee name the app won't accept it (too long).  So what do I do ?[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Bigmambo wrote: »
    Hi. I've linked my PayPal account to my BOI account. In order to transfer money from my BOI account to my PayPal account I am trying to enter the account details provided by PayPal:

[font=PayPal-Sans,]follow your bank’s instructions for making a payment transfer. Be sure to use the details exactly as they appear here:[/font]

[font=PayPal-Sans,]Name of payee[/font]
    [font=PayPal-Sans,]PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.[/font]

[font=PayPal-Sans,]When I try to add this payee name the app won't accept it (too long).  So what do I do ?[/font]
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. 

I'm afraid the reference limit is 25 characters when adding a payee online. 

If you can contact PayPal and share the information we have provided here, it is likely they can give you an abbreviated payee name to add that will fit within the character limit online. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi Alison,

When will BOI be ISO20022/SEPA compliant, which will allow customers enter up to 70 characters in a name field? 

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Tow wrote: »
    Hi Alison,

When will BOI be ISO20022/SEPA compliant, which will allow customers enter up to 70 characters in a name field? 
    Hi Tow

Thanks for getting in touch.

My colleagues has answered this here for you. I'm afraid this is the most up to date information we have at the moment. 

Many thanks, 
    Alison

Advertisement