Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Allenwood.

• 19-05-2021 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Good Afternoon

I was hoping for some help/advice please. I have just considering buying a house in Allenwood and am trying to find out as much as I can about the area before i commit to signing contracts etc.

Would be grateful of any advice anyone can give me.. so far I had heard the area was ok but have just spoken to someone who advised against the area and now I'm slightly concerned.

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭eusap

which area of Allenwood are you thinking of buying, most of the population are honest working families etc.... a few good shops, butcher, new pharmacy, sports clubs etc......

All depends on what your expectations are?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TT123

Thank you.

I am looking at one of the New Houses, The Willows.

I've been living in Kildare for years, but not overly familiar with Allenwood.
    I have just been told the area has an issue with Crime and wanted to get some thoughts on that from people who know or live in the area.

thanks a million,

I have been living in the area 4 years and never experienced any crime, most of the new estates are working families so cant see much of an issue. As most people are blow-ins they are friendly and open to chatting and meeting new people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

My friends been living in allenwood for the last 12 years and never had anything bad to say about it . Every area has a problem with crime no matter where you live . I live in kildare and both my parents houses have been robbed but I wouldn't say my area is crime ridden .

Thanks so much for the feedback. definitely puts me at ease

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Rented there briefly a few years ago and we were planning to buy in the Willows ourselves (beautiful houses) but our mortgage fell through on that occasion. We've since bought elsewhere in Co Kildare.

Allenwood is a grand little town. We never had any problems living there except for bad wifi signal and that was probably just down to our provider at the time.

You have Naas, Newbridge, Clane, Edenderry within a few minutes drive. Lots of young families starting out. Good school.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a million. Really nice to hear feedback from people who know the area and have lived there. Appreciate your response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Sorry I'm going to go the other way and say between it and derrinturn its an absolute dive.

Sorry I'm going to go the other way and say between it and derrinturn its an absolute dive.

Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

eusap wrote: »
    Can you elaborate?

There are certain elements that the poster above is referring to in the general area alright but i dont think they cause any locals issues. no worse than any other area though and the local school would be known as decent. Good gaa club etc too.

• Advertisement

Can you elaborate?

Sorry iv family in the area and drugs for one are a big part of my reasoning. Its a lot worse than anyone thinks. Also local career criminal living in the immediate area pulling all the strings, no thanks. Far better areas to purchase in.

One person does not ruin an area, the one road you are talking about is outside of allenwood and they keep themselves to themselves.

In the village area its very friendly and family orientated

One person does not ruin an area, the one road you are talking about is outside of allenwood and they keep themselves to themselves.

In the village area its very friendly and family orientated

No, I stand by my original statement and still believe it is a kip. Keep to themselves? Shows how ill informed you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FullyComp

No, I stand by my original statement and still believe it is a kip. Keep to themselves? Shows how ill informed you are.

Where are you lads talking about? Live in the area!

Advertisement