Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Riders Republic looks like a laugh, the same as Fall Guys was, ton of players in a chaotic race. Looks ideal for PS Plus, not sure if I'll pay 70 quid for it but definitely looks like it will be most fun at launch with a high player base.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    So what are people's expectations for XB/Bethesda? After spending so much money, surely they have to go big?

Rumours MS have bought more studios, possibly including IO Interactive.

On the Bethesda side, I imagine Starfield will be the big one, possibly with The Outer Worlds 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Starfield gameplay is enough for me. Too early for TES VI.

Yeah TESVI is ages away. But I could see them maybe confirming the setting or something.
    Penn wrote: »
    Rumours MS have bought more studios, possibly including IO Interactive.

On the Bethesda side, I imagine Starfield will be the big one, possibly with The Outer Worlds 2.

Yeah, Starfield is the big one. TOW2 is a good shout. If there really is a Wolfenstein 3 then we should see that, and whatever Arkane Austin have been working on (I hope the Omen/vampire rumours are true).

I saw the IOI rumour alright, although the same person mentioned RockSteady in the same breath. If the IO one is correct, we may even see a reveal-nothing-teaser for Bond.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just watched it, wow, I'm all over that!

I missed it at the time, but this is being developed by Flying Wild Hog of Shadow Warrior fame. Wow. Two very different approaches to portraying Asian culture! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rainbox Six Extraction looks like something a committee of 12 year olds would make. I get the feeling they switched from zombies to aliens in the last 12 months by design. I'm not sure who the audiences are for Rider's Republic & Rocksmith. Mario & Rabbids and Far Cry 6 look like more of the same really, although I think FC6 supports 3rd person so at least that is new. Classic Ubisoft move trying to sell the season pass months before the game is even out. I xan see Avatar being their latest future downgrade example. BG&E2 must be dead now with Ancel gone. You can easily envisage Skull & Bones as a free GAAS game but not both of them.

Gearbox, must have got a sweetheart deal for them to attempt a "showcase" as it was clearly a load of bollocks as per usual with that shower.

Some interesting games in the Devolver show once you skipped the unfunny comedy. The humour kinda peaked in the first year & now its just like a try hard skit at the Oscars. The fact they showed an early access game, exclusives & a mobile game shows how company priorities shift over time.

Microsoft & Nintendo could "steal the show" but E3 has been such a non event I'm not sure it would take much to impress. Probably Forza, Halo infinite beta & a acquisition for Microsoft whereas Nintendo its got to be the follow up to Breath of the Wild; I kinda hope they hold off on a new switch model and just release a new system in 2 years time as they never got any use out of the DSi or New 3DS models when they launched so won't with a Switch Pro either. I can see something like Pokemon Arceus running like a dog on no matter what they have on the markey anyway.

• Advertisement

Well, at least we're not alone in missing Sam.

https://twitter.com/A_i/status/1403805744319713282?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Geoff Keighley has said that there'll be no game announcements or anything in the Take 2 conference. It's more a show about diversity and inclusivity in gaming.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Support diversity and inclusivity in the games industry for just 20 dollars a month with the NBA 2k subscription service.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Devolver Digital once again having the best showcase so far with some amazing titles I am interested in buying .

Wizard with a gun ( amazing game title btw XD)
    Death Door
    Trek to yomi
    Inscryption

Hopefully at the Square Enix Showcase they will show off the Final Fantasy Team Ninja Game . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

Xbox acquiring the licence for all music in the showcase for a year so streamers/content creators wont get DMCA'd is going down really well it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Microsoft have been really stepping up their game. In fairness they had to. Sony have been killing it for years with fantastic exclusives. I just wish Sony would support PC better.

I'm fine with a 1 year exclusivity deal. Anymore than that is taking the piss. I already have PS5 level hardware. I don't want to have to buy another system just to play their games.

18 mins until xbox and bethesda showcase. Not part of E3 for some reason.

https://www.twitch.tv/thegameawards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I dont understand this. People give out for years yearat Sony won't release their first party games on other platforms, and MS is getting applauded for buying up all these studios and making exclusives... just doesn't compute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

At least Microsoft release on PC at the same time. Sony force long time exclusives and Sony only games.

They pretty much forced Microsoft into this to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No Starfield on PlayStation anyway. That'll upset a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'm guessing Exclusive is going to be mentioned a lot during this showcase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Exclusive and free on gamepass how is that Bethesda deal making MS money????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still has that Creation Engine looked to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

So Starfield is basically going to be a flop then, greedy x-box

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    Exclusive and free on gamepass how is that Bethesda deal making MS money????

Is GamePass free?

Sawduck wrote: »

Cry me a river.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Not a chance it flops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Is GamePass free?

If you box clever with ms rewards, gamepass points etc it may as well be

Cry me a river.

Why are you happy about games being exclusive to only one console

recyclops wrote: »
    If you box clever with ms rewards, gamepass points etc it may as well be

I'd say the folks at Microsoft know a thing or two about making money.

I wouldn't be concerned.

Not a chance it flops.

They would have made a lot more money if they released it on all consoles, its a risky move

Why are you happy about games being exclusive to only one console

I own both, the Switch and a gaming PC. It doesn't affect me.

Advertisement