Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

Options

Comments

recyclops wrote: »
    If you box clever with ms rewards, gamepass points etc it may as well be

Yeah extended mine by 4 months so far this year with little to no effort, would have been more if we had access to the same reward opportunities the UK and US have.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do they really expect to hit that 11/11/22 date?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Sawduck wrote: »
    They would have made a lot more money if they released it on all consoles, its a risky move

That could be said for every release. It won't flop anyway. It'll be huge on Steam and gamepass. I wouldn't see it as a risk meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Back4 Blood day one game pass

CastorTroy wrote: »

I'd bet the house on it being delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I actually think the ‘Bethesda’ part of the Bethesda acquisition is the least interesting part of the acquisition. Been a long time since I’ve been interested in one of their janky, tedious RPGs. Fallout 4 was bloody awful.

It’s the Arkane, ID etc... side of things that’ll be much more interesting in the long term for me. Potentially much more intriguing games coming from those studios than the mainline Bethesda Studios games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Have my doubts about STALKER 2 but it certainly looks very, uh, STALKERy.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They could be giving far away dates so that they have a chance to look good by bringing the release forward but I'd say it's more to account for delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So those leaked shots of BF2042 were lifted straight from the e3 trailer.

Pete's t-shirt a clue re Omen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Not impressed with BF2042 at all. The graphics look very last gen if not worse and the map designs look awful.

A bunch of skyscrapers with huge open spaces between them with little to no cover is not good map design for an fps game.

Game pass is crazy value for the consumer but how the hell are Microsoft making money from it?

They can afford to lose money while they grow the audience. Once big enough the revenue stream is huge. They can also adjust price once people are locked in.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Not impressed with BF2042 at all. The graphics look very last gen if not worse and the map designs look awful.

A bunch of skyscrapers with huge open spaces between them with little to no cover is not good map design for an fps game.

I personally love BF3 and am interested to hear that it's 'going back' to that accordingly. But that said I wouldn't be paying full price for a game that might be alright. There's meant to be a 10 hour trial in October for Game Pass subscribers. So if you got that you might as well give it a bash.

I personally love BF3 and am interested to hear that it's 'going back' to that accordingly. But that said I wouldn't be paying full price for a game that might be alright. There's meant to be a 10 hour trial in October for Game Pass subscribers. So if you got that you might as well give it a bash.

The 128 player count with bigger maps has me interested but it won't mean much if the maps are crap.

Will definitely give it a go with the gamepass though.

Game pass is crazy value for the consumer but how the hell are Microsoft making money from it?

I love gamepass! :D
    I also have PS Now but honestly that sucks in comparison. Sony really should be paying close attention to Gamepass. MS seems to be betting the farm on it and as said above one can only imagine the revenue stream for it as it grows.

Getting 12.99 euro each month from millions of subscribers around the world isn't nothing to be scoffed at.

Hades coming to Xbox in August via gamepass

BloodBath wrote: »
    They can afford to lose money while they grow the audience. Once big enough the revenue stream is huge. They can also adjust price once people are locked in.

Exactly. They know what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I don't they are at the minute but they don't care. They're just building subscribers. I got 3 years for just over 90 quid. Obscene value.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hades coming to Xbox in August via gamepass

Lucky I forgot to buy that during the Epic Store sale two weeks ago :pac:

• Advertisement

Somerville looking like a PlayDead title, but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was about to say that Somerville looked very like limbo and Inside. Looked it up and it's from one of the co-founders of playdead

I don't they are at the minute but they don't care. They're just building subscribers. I got 3 years for just over 90 quid. Obscene value.

Most people pay €15 for a month for Ultimate. We wouldn't be in the majority though and got great deals.

MS also have Xcloud and looking towards streaming to other devices, thats a lot of potential players who might not want to drop money on a console but would subscribe to a streaming service.

I'm not convicted it's there yet though from the few hours I've played of it.

Wonder what big game will end the show since Halo already made it's appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

No Flight Simulator yet could be saving that for last

Wonder what big game will end the show since Halo already made it's appearance.

I think TES location reveal, with no in game footage.

I'll definitely be giving Shredders a go.

• Advertisement

Atomic Heart on gamepass? Yes please!!!!

Advertisement