Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

At the start, it was said that 27 of the 30 games shown in this are coming to Game Pass. The other 3 have already been shown (Battlefield 2042, Diablo 2 and Far Cry 6) so everything else shown should be coming to Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

BF2042 will be game pass surely since they have EA's store included now as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I thought this was 60 minutes long?

No, 90 minutes. I'm hoping they spend the last 20 minutes announcing the return of 1 vs 100, the greatest battle royale game ever.

very little chit chat here too it's been nearly all games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Flight Simulator is a stunning looking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Can't wait to play Flight Simulator next month! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

BloodBath wrote: »
    BF2042 will be game pass surely since they have EA's store included now as well?

Sadly no. Gamepass subscribers will get a free 10 hour trial and access to a beta. While ea play merged with gamepass it's still an EA game and they don't like to release their games to gamepass upon release. However BF2042 will probably make it's way to gamepass within a year of it's release as other EA games have.

No Phil Spencer either? People are eagerly waiting to see what shirt he's wearing

I really enjoyed The Outer Worlds. Looking forward to the sequel.

• Advertisement

Forza Horizon 5. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Of all the games they've shown, this is the one they do a deep dive on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Is The Outer Worlds 2 available on PlayStation

It does look amazing in fairness. Haven't had an interest in a racing game in years but this 1 looks fun.

A battle royale race is a good idea too. Seems like they are taking cues from GTA5 with all the custom stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jesus, alright Microsoft, enough, I'm selling my PS5 tomorrow and buying xbox and gamepass, what more do you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jesus, alright Microsoft, enough, I'm selling my PS5 tomorrow and buying xbox and gamepass, what more do you want!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cfqeh9e6m962nlmgyu595fvt17ei6knecaeh25j0&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Arkane now to steal the show hopefully.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Dude, I can never see you ditching PlayStation. You should get a Serious S as it matches the colour of the PS5. You'll have the best of both worlds then :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Sawduck wrote: »
    Why are you happy about games being exclusive to only one console

breeds competition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I've never played an x-box but I am seriously considering getting one, I'm just thankful I didn't get the PS5 yet

• Advertisement

Still think Sony has the better games, the gamepass is MS's trump card.

The PS5 already has some amazing exclusives. Xbox has nothing of worth yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Game pass is an incredible service for people who are interested. I thought the conference overall was abit flat for me personally but Forza and Halo looks incredible . Sea of theives with captain jack sparrow is a great way for people to try out the game if they have not yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

MS just showing if yer new to consoles and not already attached to Sony for last few gens and your a casual gamer xbox is the service for you.

Surprised they didn't talk about gaming as a service via the streaming stick and smart tvs that we know is coming.

recyclops wrote: »
    MS just showing if yer new to consoles and not already attached to Sony for last few gens and your a casual gamer xbox is the service for you.

Surprised they didn't talk about gaming as a service via the streaming stick and smart tvs that we know is coming.

That's what I'm holding out for, gamepass app that works with my smart tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Redfall looks awesome

Sawduck wrote: »
    Is The Outer Worlds 2 available on PlayStation

I don't think so.

skerry wrote: »
    Redfall looks awesome

I remember the rumour was that Redfall was TESVI.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

BloodBath wrote: »
    Still think Sony has the better games, the gamepass is MS's trump card.

The PS5 already has some amazing exclusives. Xbox has nothing of worth yet.

Yeah that's still the position I find myself in. Xbox had a great show, and the value of Gamepass was undoubtedly the star of it. I do find myself inching closer to getting a Series S as a secondary console just for the value of Gamepass.

But as someone not hugely into any of their exclusives, there still aren't the actual games that'd bring Xbox into contention for being a primary console for me. I'm not into the Bethesda rpgs (tried Fallout 3, The Outer Worlds and Skyrim but never took to any of them), Halo never really interested me and I get bored of racing games like Forza too quickly. Redfall looked amazing but I'd have to see how it works in single player because I don't bother with online co-op too often either. So in terms of exclusives, there really wasn't anything that interested me too much.

But I know that's all completely subjective and based on my preferences only. Gamepass is incredible as it is. The more those games appeal to you, the better and better Gamepass gets.

The best news of the conference for me was Hades coming to console, as that means it's coming to PS5 as well.

Dunno what it is but Arkane games don't appeal to me in the slightest and this new vampire one is no exception.

Some incredible looking Indies in that list and coming to gamepass day one as well, incredibly jealous of those.

Forza looks fantastic!

I thought on the whole, that was a brilliant showcase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think I started Outer Worlds 3 times and could never stick with it. Just felt like a 6-7/10 game across the board.

Advertisement