Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    The best news of the conference for me was Hades coming to console, as that means it's coming to PS5 as well.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1404133252663816194?s=19

I NEED to know if Replaced will make it to PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sawduck wrote: »
    They would have made a lot more money if they released it on all consoles, its a risky move

How do you work this out?

MS is one of the largest companies in the world that are awash with cash.

The idea is to not sell games or consoles but to attract millions more subscribers to Gamepass which will be on multiple platforms not just console. Xbox are not in the console war games that Playstation fans seems obsessed with.

Also,why can't you say Sony would have made more money by release their games on all platforms and how come it's not a risk for them?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also,why can't you say Sony would have made more money by release their games on all platforms and how come it's not a risk for them?

Exactly.

How come Sony took such a huge risk making The Last of Us a PlayStation exclusive? How come Nintendo take such massive risks?

It seems to me that exclusive content is working pretty well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's no good guy/bad guy here, both companies are at it. Sony specifically pays companies to keep games off Xbox and Gamepass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anything expected at this Square conference? Don't think I'll watch

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Game pass is crazy value for the consumer but how the hell are Microsoft making money from it?

They are making money from it.

They are rumoured to have 23 million subscribers now.
    I know it varies by country and there's currency issues but lets say they get €12 a month this totals €276m a month or €3.3bn a year in revenues from Gamepass.

Then through Gamepass they get more people playing games and buying in game purchases or buying the game outright.
    MS make a lot of money from it and so do the developers.

It's growing too so numbers will only go up as MS push the service on multiple platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Redfall is interesting. I'm guessing it's going to be a 3-4 player co-op shooter, but we suddenly have a lot of competition in that niche.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Im watching out of morbid curiosity at how much Marvel Avengers we will be subject to. SE have to make their cash back somehow.

• Advertisement

That's just ridiculous when you actually sit and analyze it. For less the price of two new games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Can't say redfall looks in the slightest bit interesting as we didn't see an ounce of what the actual game is, much like starfield

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anything expected at this Square conference? Don't think I'll watch

Would love to think the rumoured FF1 to FFVI collection for the Switch is confirmed but not too hopeful.

FFVII Remake for the Xbox would be great too, but it looks like Sony have paid to keep that locked up.

Can't say redfall looks in the slightest bit interesting as we didn't see an ounce of what the actual game is, much like starfield

Yeah, I was hoping to see a demo of Starfield. That's why the release date seems optimistic to me, as they didn't have anything substantial to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's just ridiculous when you actually sit and analyze it. For less the price of two new games too.

Without any offers and for console only it's €156 for 12 months Game Pass. All new Xbox games are included in Game Pass. Sony are charging €80 for a new game so like you said it's slightly less than two new games.

If you use some of the upgrade options you can save a heap of money and stack three years. When I did it it cost me €120 for the three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

That twelve minutes really looks brilliant.

It's made to think the likes of hades is coming to PS and xbox near the same time but MS are giving it on game pass you'll assume Sony will go with psplus.

I actually went and bought dlc for the surge 2 (waste of money) as I enjoyed the game itself on gamepass. Realistically without gamepass that developer would have got nothing from me.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks like it could be really good. Hard to judge from that look but there's a lot of potential there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Forza Horizon is Microsoft’s MVP first party game series now, but I think it’s a little sad how they see them as so disposable. That you can’t buy Horizon 3 (let alone the earlier ones) now is a pretty bleak situation for a successful game that’s only a half decade old. It makes me sad to think that when the (likely excellent) FH5 hits we’re probably looking at FH4 being ‘sunsetted’ shortly afterwards. And it highlights the excellent GamePass’ main flaw - that the games are gone if MS decrees it.

I look forward to booting up FH5, which will inevitably be beautiful and a whole bunch of fun. I just wish MS would do a bit job maintaining and preserving the games, even in an offline fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Forza Horizon is Microsoft’s MVP first party game series now, but I think it’s a little sad how they see them as so disposable. That you can’t buy Horizon 3 (let alone the earlier ones) now is a pretty bleak situation for a successful game that’s only a half decade old. It makes me sad to think that when the (likely excellent) FH5 hits we’re probably looking at FH4 being ‘sunsetted’ shortly afterwards. And it highlights the excellent GamePass’ main flaw - that the games are gone if MS decrees it.

I look forward to booting up FH5, which will inevitably be beautiful and a whole bunch of fun. I just wish MS would do a bit job maintaining and preserving the games, even in an offline fashion.

They take the other ones off the store because of the license agreements with the manufacturers.

• Advertisement

GamePass is perfect for people like me. I love playing games, but I'm not a collector or anything. Also I like playing multiplayer with my friend, and that could be hit or miss on PlayStation, we bought a few duds. On GamePass, if a game doesn't suit us, there are tonnes more. We take no risk in trying games out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I don't they are at the minute but they don't care. They're just building subscribers. I got 3 years for just over 90 quid. Obscene value.

How did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

GamePass is perfect for people like me. I love playing games, but I'm not a collector or anything. Also I like playing multiplayer with my friend, and that could be hit or miss on PlayStation, we bought a few duds. On GamePass, if a game doesn't suit us, there are tonnes more. We take no risk in trying games out.

Yeah debating making the plunge

I can't wait too play Life is Strange Remastered, been meaning to replay it for ages but wish there was at least an upgrade option.

Life is Strange True Colours looks right up my alley, day one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nothing today excited me but that's probably just me I'm well jaded on games at this point. Nintendo might have something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If that was in response to me, I meant interesting in that we (maybe) have yet another 4 player co-op shooter on the way. It's quickly becoming an over-saturated genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The only thing I've seen so far is that Final Fantasy game that looks laughably out of date. Like the kind of game that companies stopped making over a decade ago as it just made them look bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

How did you get that?

The basic premise is to buy three years of Xbox Gold, load that onto your account, and then upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate for a euro.

See a more detailed post on it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't someone else use Holding Out For A Hero this week?
    Or maybe that was for a film or tv show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Didn't someone else use Holding Out For A Hero this week?
    Or maybe that was for a film or tv show.

Netflix He-Man.

Advertisement