Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Guess all that's remaining of note worthy is Capcom later on tonight.

Nintendo tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I worked all weekend and still working away, so missed whole e3, but did they announced Forza horizon 5 for this year and No new on Forza 8? That's a bit... weird. I guess Horizon series sell better, so they pushed that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nintendo tomorrow

Spoilers - more games about jumping Italian plumbers and little green fairies called Zelda. Games will include solo adventures, kart racing and knocking each other off platforms.

I worked all weekend and still working away, so missed whole e3, but did they announced Forza horizon 5 for this year and No new on Forza 8? That's a bit... weird. I guess Horizon series sell better, so they pushed that up?

They said the team is currently working on 8 in the background and Horizon will hopefully hold people over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't follow the Forza series too closely, but I always kind of thought it was a bi-annual thing between them anyway; Horizon one year, Motorsport the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Babylon Fall didn't have a good showing. The Guardians of the Galaxy demo felt like it would never end. Smart of them to focus on single player but feels feels destined to fail. I don't think the lack of movie likenesses is a bigger problem than the uninspired game those characters are in. Stranger of Paradise: FFO shouldn't have seen the light of day.

I expected Microsoft to show more of the Halo Infinite campaign to make a point they've turned it around after the delay. Obsidian should be given Fallout not being asked to make Outer World 2. Bethesda showed why as they are still trying to flog Fallout 76. I take it Starfield will be similar to No Man's Sky?
    Forza looked great(as it always does), there ain't a lot of games out the next year or so but a lot of them seem to be on gamepass day 1. For a new Arkane game I was really underwhelmed by Redfall. Its just a concept trailer but Rainbow 6 Contagion & Back 4 Blood are aiming for similar. Shooter's are not something Microsoft are lacking in their portfolio either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hope nintendo bring the big surprises. Not sure it's the format but it's been a bit of a uneventful E3. Microsoft have had the first good E3 showing since they the origin Xbox pre launch. Looking very like Bethesda are locked in for console exclusivity on Xbox after the starfield announcement.

Sony were quite poor but then Sony are like nintendo now and show off their games at their own events so I don't expect they've most of what they have upcoming.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Spoilers - more games about jumping Italian plumbers and little green fairies called Zelda. Games will include solo adventures, kart racing and knocking each other off platforms.

Hahaha. Yet their fanbase will hail them as great innovators.

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hahaha. Yet their fanbase will hail them as great innovators.

:pac:

And yet the other fanboys wheel out about lack off innovation and the same franchises over and over.

They make great fun games while quietly innovating. That's exciting enough for me

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And yet the other fanboys wheel out about lack off innovation and the same franchises over and over.

They make great fun games while quietly innovating. That's exciting enough for me

I had a guy on Reddit try to convince me that Breath of the Wild was the first ever open world game. He was dead serious.

That's fanboys for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Also Zelda isn't the one who wears green! That's Luigi.

I had a guy on Reddit try to convince me that Breath of the Wild was the first ever open world game. He was dead serious.

That's fanboys for ya.

Well there's always idiots. There's some awful militant Sony fanboys around now as well. Very vocal minority but they're giving Sony fans a very bad name. They're in all fanbases.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I haven't seen every trailer released over the last few days by any stretch, but Sable certainly has the most eye-catching presentation of anything I've seen so far. Drawing from the sort of comic book aesthetics we don't often see in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Penn wrote: »
    I don't follow the Forza series too closely, but I always kind of thought it was a bi-annual thing between them anyway; Horizon one year, Motorsport the next.

That's exactly what they did. And I liked it. I prefer normal Forza games over Horizon, so was looking forward to new F8 this year. Was a but surprised theu threw FH5 this year out of nowhere.

Edit: Capcom doing their own presentation this year? I would love to see Monster Hunter world 2, but I have a feeling it won't happen. Theu are focused on Rise atm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It was the first-ever actually good open world game though :p

(I am only slightly exaggerating :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Also Zelda isn't the one who wears green! That's Luigi.

That's Green Mario not Luigi :P

I know I'm not allowed to say this, but I couldn't get into it. The world looked great, but it felt empty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

This is going to be a long wait until November 2022!

I suppose on the upside it gives me more time to get my build upgrade together. Silver linings and all that!

This is going to be a long wait until November 2022!

I suppose on the upside it gives me more time to get my build upgrade together. Silver linings and all that!

I'm going to try not get hyped for it. If I temper my expectations I shouldn't get disappointed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I'm going to try not get hyped for it. If I temper my expectations I shouldn't get disappointed.

Likewise. It's so far off I'm not going to focus on it much until closer to the time.

I'd say it could be this time next year before we get much actual gameplay footage and so on.

• Advertisement

It's no Days Gone, that's for sure :)

The indie Sommerville looks so good with a huge whiff of Limbo/Inside off it and then noticed it's by the same his which makes a lot of sense. The Indies have looked more interesting than the AAA's shown so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Wonder if we will see more of Pragmata later tonight?

Thats the "capcom astronaut walking through what looks like times square game" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Days Gone

Maybe at some E3 down the line there can be Aces Gone, an Ace Combat Days Gone hybrid where you play as John St. John, son of Deacon.

Aces Gone, a Retr0-Cool production.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Maybe at some E3 down the line there can be Aces Gone, an Ace Combat Days Gone hybrid where you play as John St. John, son of Deacon.

Aces Gone, a Retr0-Cool production.

It will never work. Awesome and boring are like oil and water.

Theyve only ever worked together once in nier automata.

Cmon man, Ace Combat 7 isn't that boring. Sure, it's the most unnecessary sequel of all time as 6 was just perfect and didn't need any follow up but it was still ok.

Cmon man, Ace Combat 7 isn't that boring. Sure, it's the most unnecessary sequel of all time as 6 was just perfect and didn't need any follow up but it was still ok.

You've gone too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

That's coz you are talking about engine oil. If it was olive oil it would be more palatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can work like that Starfox game where some levels used the Arwing and some were on foot.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can work like that Starfox game where some levels used the Arwing and some were on foot.

I've tried to block that game from my memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

So BOTW 2,Mario odyssey 2 and Mario Karts 9.. WOOHOO best day ever. If your wrong I'll never be able to forgive you :D

Advertisement