Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Might have been mentioned already, I'm a bit behind, but just read Plague Tale is getting a sequel. Great news, thought the first game was excellent and a bit of a hidden gem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's being widely reported that Rare's Everwild was MIA because the whole thing has been restarted from scratch. This follows creative director Simon Woodroffe's departure last year. Rare veteran Gregg Mayles has taken over the reigns, but 2024 is supposed to be the very earliest we'll see this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Re: monster hunter stories..... Ha "monsties" what a weird word for monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well that Capcom e3 'conference' was a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well that Capcom e3 'conference' was a waste of time.

Didn't watch it yet, are we talking Koch/gearbox levels or just plain bad?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Didn't watch it yet, are we talking Koch/gearbox levels or just plain bad?

Just had nothing not announced already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Capcom managed to be actually worse than S-E.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They opened with resi 8....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I hope there's a team at Capcom figuring out designs for code Veronica in the RE 2 engine.

Re2 (and 3 - yeah its short whatevs) give Capcom a decade pass for me tbh.

Same with square Enix for ff7r. Everything else they can do could be **** (and it is) but those games are priceless to me.

I want ridge racer back from Namco if gaming prayers are still being answered (seriously, I waited decades for re2 and it lived up to the hype).

Squares put out a lot of great stuff from their japanese side lately. It's not a big game but the saga frontier remaster is incredible and adds in content that was cut from the original game. It now has an ending. Same with the trials of mana remaster.

I think the team ninja game will be well worth playing, they are on a roll after nioh.

Ff16 is very close to release and I imagine that is being saved for the Tokyo game show or a PlayStation event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Capcom should have just taken a break this year. Nothing wrong with taking a break if they don't have enough to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

seinfeelde3l70p.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They put out Monster Hunter Rise (masterpiece) and Resi VIII (pretty good game) over the last few months. They’ve earned the right to coast for a little bit.

They announced DLC for Village too. Well, said it in passing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Capcom is on a great roll as of late and its hard to fault them, but anytime an expo comes up and Dragons Dogma 2 is not announced it makes me quite sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm not sure if it was part of E3, but I've just seen the trailer for the Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance Gameplay Explained trailer. Aside from the game looking good and a bit of fun, no MT's and everything earned in game, the narrator makes it! I could see me breaking my no co-op for this, as we have a group that already plays D&D so should work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I had no real interest in Capcom's conference this year. Next year though, they could be showing first reveal of RE4:remake, and enough time will have passed that they could be announcing a new Devil May Cry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seems like there's been very little actual news, and even less trailers then usual. Pretty underwhelming so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kiith wrote: »
    Seems like there's been very little actual news, and even less trailers then usual. Pretty underwhelming so far.

Yeah this E3 has been a mixed bag, just to note, there have been around 330 videos released this E3. I created a playlist containing them all
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFDliml70LUrrhiBwHCpis0n1VpWSv0zc

I guess the pandemic has pushed back a lot of development.

• Advertisement

Seemingly there'll be no Elden Ring at the Bamco presentation tonight. It'll be focussing on the next game in the Dark Anthology series instead.

https://twitter.com/E3/status/1404615332795277312?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

As far as indie games go I like the look of UnMetal, Demon Turf, Tinylin and Fallen Aces.

Oh man, I heard the Final Fantasy Origins trailer was bad, but f*cking hell :D

Nintendo has to at least show shin megami tensei 5 so I'll be happy. Smt 4 and apocalypse were incredible so should be another great rpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

I assume Zelda will be front and centre. BOTW2, Skyward Sword HD, possibly some Zelda All-Stars collection similar due to it being an anniversary year?

I would love a Golden Sun 1 & 2 remaster into the one game it was supposed to be, but never happening-Camelot will be all about Mario Golf this month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

They put out Monster Hunter Rise (masterpiece) and Resi VIII (pretty good game) over the last few months. They’ve earned the right to coast for a little bit.

I actually started a new character on MHW and already 30h in ( original 230h and still sow very little of expansion) and having a lot of fun.

Really considering picking up MH Rise as I heard a lot of good things about it.

And from what I sow so far in thread, MHW2 was not announced. Or even another expansion.

Nintendo has told streamers not to co-stream the show, so Twitch has decided not to stream the Nintendo Direct. Edit: I think people can still stream the event with their own reactions. Not entirely sure.

https://twitter.com/Twitch/status/1404823340833902599?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1404823340833902599%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ign.com%2Farticles%2Fnintendo-tells-streamers-not-to-co-stream-its-e3-direct

Nintendo are such massive cnuts.

Penn wrote: »
    Nintendo has told streamers not to co-stream the show, so Twitch has decided not to stream the Nintendo Direct. Edit: I think people can still stream the event with their own reactions. Not entirely sure.

According to Google Translate, "Simultaneous viewing distribution without mirror distribution is possible."

Wow, thanks Nintendo for allowing me to have a reaction to your corporate ad and let people know what that reaction was! Clueless dinosaurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nintendo don't care about streamer/youtubers, traditional games media, and barely about mainstream media, and it doesn't seem to hurt them at all. They're Nintendo they'll get covered regardless, and it'll mostly be positive.

Advertisement