Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

SMT V, Fatal Frame and Advanced Wars, I am happy with Nintendo's presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I enjoyed the short time I spent with Strange Brigade. Could actually work well on Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Me, watching most E3 presentations: I find it hard to get excited about cringey, hyper-corporate advertisements for games that don't exist yet.

Me, watching 90 seconds of Breath of the Wild 2 footage: Holy ****ing **** we're taking to the ****ing SKY, baby!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Very happy with the nintendo showing.

SMTV looks incredible.

Warioware could be good.

Metroid dread looks really good. Looks very like the mercury stream developed remake of 2. I'd say they are on board but also looks like they've learned an awful lot since that game.

Advance wars 1 and 2 is a nice collection.

Fatal frame is a nice surprise.

Cruise'n is meant to be a great arcade racer.

And botw2 looks incredible but a pity it won't hit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Metroid dread looks really good. Looks very like the mercury stream developed remake of 2. I'd say they are on board but also looks like they've learned an awful lot since that game.

Yeah, was confirmed at the start of the Tree House presentation that Mercury Stream were working on it after impressing with their work on Samus Returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cunny000

Forza looked incredible! Cant wait for that and Grand Turismo in 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ign are really taking the piss now :pac:

- Namco bandai e3 conference due to start at 10:30pm and countdown to that.
    - Come 10:30pm it then says another countdown and it will start at 11.

Edit
    Accordingly namco showed some game and then ended their "conference " within in a few mins. That quick i missed it. Makes capcoms conference look like a masterpiece lol.

Yeah, very interested to find out more about Redfall. There's a little more info going around today; as expected, it's a co-op FPS, but you'll apparently be able to play the whole thing solo if you want (don't know if that means playing with AI team mates or what). It's also set in an open-world rather than point A to B levels á la Left 4 Dead etc, and run and gun merchants won't fare well apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shin Megami Tensei V's japanese trailer was longer and more detailed.

Looks to take a lot from 4 which is a good thing imo

Bit of an underwhelming e3 but then again it is what it is.
    I have found after watching so many e3's over the years the good parts tend to be the first or second night. Usually its xbox conference then Sony then it dips. As the biggest games get revealed in either conference.

This year no Sony and the whole pandemic would effect. Was what it was so.

Bit of an underwhelming e3 but then again it is what it is.
    I have found after watching so many e3's over the years the good parts tend to be the first or second night. Usually its xbox conference then Sony then it dips. As the biggest games get revealed in either conference.

This year no Sony and the whole pandemic would effect. Was what it was so.

I got an Xbox specifically for GamePass so the showcase on Sunday was amazing for me. I'm happy with my purchase!

I got an Xbox specifically for GamePass so the showcase on Sunday was amazing for me. I'm happy with my purchase!

Oh, Gamepass is amazing.
    The highlight of e3 was Xbox conference so fair play to them.

Todd Howard on why starfield is an Xbox exclusive:

https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-vp-apologizes-for-starfield-being-an-xbox-exclusive/

He is extolling the virtues of developers being able to focus on fewer platforms.

I'd have a bit more respect if he just admitted it Bethesda was moneyhatted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

He is extolling the virtues of developers being able to focus on fewer platforms.

Xbox Play Anywhere Somewhere.

Todd Howard on why starfield is an Xbox exclusive:

https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-vp-apologizes-for-starfield-being-an-xbox-exclusive/

Like he has the freedom to say something like that.

:rolleyes:

There's never been a shortage of people on the internet who think Todd Howard has total control over everything. Even under Zenimax that wasn't the case.

It's really bizarre that adults actually believe this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Win win for Godd Howard. Money thrown at him and he doesn't have to attempt to make his games even somewhat work on PlayStation. In comparison, Pete Hines has apologised to Playstation fans about the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Win win for Godd Howard. Money thrown at him and he doesn't have to attempt to make his games even somewhat work on PlayStation. In comparison, Pete Hines has apologised to Playstation fans about the deal.

Oh yeah, Todd gets way more resources at his disposal. He should just stick to talking about games, PR is Hines's job.

Plus they can go all out for TES VI because they know that's going to sell tonnes.

They just need to not mess up Starfield!

I forgot about The Anacrusis - another game to add to the potential-Left4Dead-successor pile.

If you want a left 4 dead successor and don't want to wait then the vermintide games are really good. The developers next game, Dark Tide, is looking great as well if a bit too similar to vermintide.

If you want a left 4 dead successor and don't want to wait then the vermintide games are really good. The developers next game, Dark Tide, is looking great as well if a bit too similar to vermintide.

Yep, way ahead of ya. Hoped we'd have seen more of Darktide at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

That senua update was poor. A bit of early alan wake E3 vibe off the videos. They have a plans that's probably too big to create.

Hopefully it's half as good as wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness, it's Bethesda. The games will still only somewhat work on Xbox.

recyclops wrote: »
    That senua update was poor. A bit of early alan wake E3 vibe off the videos. They have a plans that's probably too big to create.

Hopefully it's half as good as wake.

It just made me think the game is years away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't get the negativity about this by some posters.

Why would Bethesda have to apologise to PS gamers for MS, their owners logically making their new games exclusive.

PS being making games exclusive for years and nobody expects apologies from them.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't get the negativity about this by some posters.

Why would Bethesda have to apologise to PS gamers for their MS, their owners logically making their new games exclusive.

PS being making games exclusive for years and nobody expects apologies from them.

A lot of angry fanboys and influencers out there bad mouthing them and giving them bad publicity is why.

• Advertisement
Advertisement