Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Crispy wrote: »

So it's June now. What are we doing for this prediction bingo lark? Any suggestions for rules ye want?

So are we going to do an overall e3 bingo card or one per conference? (ea, Xbox, Nintendo)
    I'd say alot of the gaming outlets will reveal their predictions in the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Until we know which major conferences are happening, cant do much as those would be best for unique bingo cards, and then a generic one to cover other games/devs that wont be part of them

But then there's the problem of devs showing up at a main conference, so you have to have 2 on hand.....I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Until we know which major conferences are happening, cant do much as those would be best for unique bingo cards, and then a generic one to cover other games/devs that wont be part of them

But then there's the problem of devs showing up at a main conference, so you have to have 2 on hand.....I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

Yeah I'd say just have a generic one and forget about the ones for each conference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love a return to awful Sony conferences. Nobody ****s up a E3 conference like overly cocky Sony. This internet video malarkey is way too slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Generic card is best. And will it take into account announcements not officially part of e3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, generic sounds good.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Generic card is best. And will it take into account announcements not officially part of e3?

I think that'd be best. I mean, it looks like some shows are down as being part of the Summer Game Fest thing, some as E3, and some are listed under both!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd love a return to awful Sony conferences. Nobody ****s up a E3 conference like overly cocky Sony. This internet video malarkey is way too slick.

I'll miss the cringe that only a live show can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll miss the cringe that only a live show can provide.

Hahaha, exactly!

Hahaha, exactly!

The silence from the audience is deafening lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I assumed it was edited out...was it really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not sure anything will ever top this for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Penn wrote: »
    Not sure anything will ever top this for me

Nintendo's dark days

This kind of shizzle always seems utterly pointless to me...

https://twitter.com/E3/status/1399712993710002176?s=20

I get the feeling that there is f*ck all going to happen at E3 and they are doing an award show as its another thing to showcase that week. The fact Geoff Keighley is still doing that Summer Games Fest means what little news/announcements will be spread (thin) over the next few months.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I get the feeling that there is f*ck all going to happen at E3 and they are doing an award show as its another thing to showcase that week. The fact Geoff Keighley is still doing that Summer Games Fest means what little news/announcements will be spread (thin) over the next few months.

SGF isn't being dragged out as much this year. EA Play Live is down for July, but everything else is going on the same week as E3 anyway (of course more may be added later, but in February Keighley said they wanted it to last less than a month). Of course, f*ck all may still be all we get!

SGF isn't being dragged out as much this year. EA Play Live is down for July, but everything else is going on the same week as E3 anyway (of course more may be added later, but in February Keighley said they wanted it to last less than a month). Of course, f*ck all may still be all we get!

Maybe have it only for the month of June

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I predict Nintendo will have their Direct on the 15th with a treehouse after. :)

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1400090077791928322

Maybe have it only for the month of June

Yeah, no point drawing it out really. Steam Next Fest finishes on June 22nd, although I don't even know if they plan on premiering anything? But that seems to be the last event for the month (I think).
    I predict Nintendo will have their Direct on the 15th with a treehouse after. :)

Damn, we have an early leader!

Watching Kinda Funnys E3 predictions games cast, got some good predictions. How are we going to manage this? Just post bingo cards in a separate thread maybe or just do like a Google sheets file?

I would take anything major cropping up within "E3 week", so maybe Sat 12th to Sat 19th.

Maybe have set aside spaces specifically for the major players, so 2-3 spaces purely for MS's conference, 2-3 for Nintys Direct etc. Can be used as free spaces for the hardcore bingo-ers.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I would take anything major cropping up within "E3 week", so maybe Sat 12th to Sat 19th.

Maybe have set aside spaces specifically for the major players, so 2-3 spaces purely for MS's conference, 2-3 for Nintys Direct etc. Can be used as free spaces for the hardcore bingo-ers.

I'd start on June 10th as that's when SGF kicks off and Keighley likes an exclusive.

Regarding the use of spaces, I don't mind (mainly because I don't know how it's normally done :o).

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1400208890634047491?s=20

Hmmm, are they trolling, or does that whiteboard say Hotline Miami 3?

Oh so they are doing a conference...ok so thats my "Devolvers conference leaves me equal parts confused/scared/excited" bingo slot already filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1400208890634047491?s=20

Hmmm, are they trolling, or does that whiteboard say Hotline Miami 3?

They are so genius, they could be trolling and i wouldn't be upset :) Saying that, I would love a Hotline Miami 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can we have easy allies turning into over excitable caffeinated bellends during a game announcement on the bingo card.

I want to see an Ace Combat 8 announcement. Or Retr0gamer DLC for Ace Combat 7 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Is there anything to be said for Half-Life 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Is there anything to be said for Half-Life 3

I could see Half Life Alyx being announced for PSVR 2.

E3 schedule revealed;

Saturday, June 12, broadcast pre-show starts at 10am PT / 1pm ET
    E3 2021 will kick off with press conferences from Ubisoft and Gearbox Entertainment, as well as a session with GamesBeat.

Sunday, June 13, broadcast pre-show starts at 8:45am PT / 11:45am ET
    Microsoft’s long-awaited Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will take place starting at 10am PT / 1pm ET.
    Fans can also look forward to special presentations from SQUARE ENIX, the PC Gaming Show and the Future Games Show.
    Warner Bros. Games & Back4Blood and 24 Entertainment will also be featured.

Monday, June 14, broadcast pre-show starts at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET
    Alongside press conferences from several indie developers, presentations from Take-Two Interactive, Mythical Games, Freedom Games, Razer and Capcom will take place throughout the day.
    Verizon and Intellivision will also be featured, along with a session with VENN.

Tuesday, June 15, broadcast pre-show starts at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET
    The last day of E3 will include Nintendo’s Nintendo Direct and Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming starting at 9am PT / 12pm ET.
    BANDAI NAMCO, Yooreka Games and GameSpot will also have focused events.
    The broadcast will round out with the Official E3 2021 Awards Show.

• Advertisement

E3 schedule revealed;

Saturday, June 12, broadcast pre-show starts at 10am PT / 1pm ET
    E3 2021 will kick off with press conferences from Ubisoft and Gearbox Entertainment, as well as a session with GamesBeat.

Sunday, June 13, broadcast pre-show starts at 8:45am PT / 11:45am ET
    Microsoft’s long-awaited Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will take place starting at 10am PT / 1pm ET.
    Fans can also look forward to special presentations from SQUARE ENIX, the PC Gaming Show and the Future Games Show.
    Warner Bros. Games & Back4Blood and 24 Entertainment will also be featured.

Monday, June 14, broadcast pre-show starts at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET
    Alongside press conferences from several indie developers, presentations from Take-Two Interactive, Mythical Games, Freedom Games, Razer and Capcom will take place throughout the day.
    Verizon and Intellivision will also be featured, along with a session with VENN.

Tuesday, June 15, broadcast pre-show starts at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET
    The last day of E3 will include Nintendo’s Nintendo Direct and Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming starting at 9am PT / 12pm ET.
    BANDAI NAMCO, Yooreka Games and GameSpot will also have focused events.
    The broadcast will round out with the Official E3 2021 Awards Show.

so we should aim to have Bingo or predictions set up by next Friday. I see that boards will be moving to new platform next week and will be read only on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Advertisement