Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    It will happen one year.

*rocks back and forth in corner*

Looks good Eoin!

great. putting together new thread now. Going with simple rules, first person to get single line wins and so on

Started new thread for bingo, if interested leave comment in the new thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117382781&postcount=1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I loved that Battlefield trailer. The ejector seat takedown was brilliant. This isn't ARMA lads, this is what actually happens in Battlefield games.

At least there will be no countdown tomorrow
    https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1402720066467110912?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well they have announcements for announcements and teasers for teasers so why no countdown for a countdown?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well they have announcements for announcements and teasers for teasers so why no countdown for a countdown?

He's making fun about how battlefield announced a time for their reveal which ended up being a countdown

Oh I know, but just with the way things are going with marketing these days, counting down to another countdown seemed like the next step. It was probably the most watched start of a countdown ever. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 AmirPelavin01

I also heard about that Kojima will be multi-platform. Not sure if it has already been confirmed but I guess that would really be interesting if that happens. would love to play it on xbox.

Some details from Jason Schreier
    • Starfield will be shown at Xbox & specific release date will be shown(late 2022)
    • GOTG will be shown at Square(not live service)
    • Next Assassin's Creed game will be really big, even bigger than Valhalla
    • He heard similar things to the rumors of Ubisoft Sofia's AC being cancelled/morphing into a valhalla DLC.
    • The Far Cry after 6 will have a radical change for the series.
    • Skull and Bones will release in late 2022 or beyond.
    • Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still very very early in development.
    • There's also a surprise game at Ubisoft he was told not to reveal.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jason-schreier-starfield-will-be-shown-at-xbox-specific-release-date-will-be-shown-late-2022-gotg-will-be-shown-at-square-not-live-service-etc.439621/

I remember people on Reddit screaming at me for suggesting Starfield would be an Xbox (console/cloud) exclusive.

• Advertisement

Haven't played Valhalla, but from what I hear, it was too long for a lot of people.
    I don't understand the whole thing of making games bigger unless they use the size instead of padding things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Some details from Jason Schreier
    • Starfield will be shown at Xbox & specific release date will be shown(late 2022)
    • GOTG will be shown at Square(not live service)
    • Next Assassin's Creed game will be really big, even bigger than Valhalla
    • He heard similar things to the rumors of Ubisoft Sofia's AC being cancelled/morphing into a valhalla DLC.
    • The Far Cry after 6 will have a radical change for the series.
    • Skull and Bones will release in late 2022 or beyond.
    • Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still very very early in development.
    • There's also a surprise game at Ubisoft he was told not to reveal.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jason-schreier-starfield-will-be-shown-at-xbox-specific-release-date-will-be-shown-late-2022-gotg-will-be-shown-at-square-not-live-service-etc.439621/

That's exactly what they need for the next AC game, to make it bigger.... 😞

Haven't played Valhalla, but from what I hear, it was too long for a lot of people.
    I don't understand the whole thing of making games bigger unless they use the size instead of padding things out.

I think games are way too long these days. I don't have 100 hours to give to a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It clearly appeals to a lot of people because they keep increasing the size of the games and they keep selling millions and millions of copies.

Odyssey was the last one I played and I thought it was a preposterous size.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I trust Jason but has Ubisoft ever announced an AC game a year before? They usually do it in the same year. BGAE2 has been in very early development for about 10 years now. That game aint coming out ever. I wonder if we'll see Forspoken from Square.

As for the length of the game....personally don't care how long a game is as long as it earns it. Most games do not and pad their lengths because the studios are aware of the weird value gamers place on size.

Haven't followed the breadcrumbs from the link.... Is he actually claiming that the next AC is due to be announced, or just spilling on what he knows about it?

And yeah, forget about BGE2. It's akin to Duke Nukem Forever at this stage. Ubi will have fixed their toxic work practices before this shit gets released.

Summer Game Fest Kickoff. Starts at 7pm. (Seems they got the GMT conversion wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Andy Samberg and Ashley Birch, Noice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Summer Game Fest Kickoff. Starts at 7pm. (Seems they got the GMT conversion wrong)

Technically is right, 6pm Gmt is 7pm summertime. Clearly should gave shown 7pm tho

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands announced , Andy Samberg, Wanda Sykes, Ashly Burch and Will Arnet

Can't believe I didn't pick Metal Slug Tactics. So obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Death Stranding: Directors Cut.

I was holding onto my physical copy for for a PS5 upgrade, hopefully it's free or a cheap upgrade at least. Would be glad to dive back in, especially if we can carry over Dave's as i was on my 2nd playthrough going for the plat last time i played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Looks like no other Kojima game to be at e3 since he is pushing the Death Stranding "Directors Cut"

Boo. Boo-urns I say.

I'd love if Jeff Goldblum being there meant a brand new Jurassic Park game, but it's probably just a sequel to Evolution.

Ah well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Haven't followed the breadcrumbs from the link.... Is he actually claiming that the next AC is due to be announced, or just spilling on what he knows about it?

I listened to the podcast earlier. He says the game won’t be announced - just notes it’s in production and will be massive.

I listened to the podcast earlier. He says the game won’t be announced - just notes it’s in production and will be massive.

yeah there is still Siege of Paris DLC to be released for Valhalla so no way there is new AC game this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pretty underwhelming so far, Metal Slug Tactics the only thing I'm vaguely interested in

Laughed my head off at Death Stranding: Directors Cut. As if anything was cut from the original release.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any word on Silksong showing up?

Fecking Vikings are becoming as ubiquitous as zombies.

Advertisement