Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW38 - transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Probably a boring enough DCL to Bamford/Anto.

Not sure what to do with Son either tbh....half thinking Leicester will have to attack on Sunday so could be open to counter attacks (?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

Currently considering Kane to Firmino.

I have Bruno also who I'd like to move on, becuase I think he'll be rested. I just don't see a decent alternative as I don't have the funds for Mane.

A more boring transfer is just moving Greenwood to Willock, which I may end up doing. Or Veltman to Philps.

Haven't a clue really:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

steve_r wrote: »
    Currently considering Kane to Firmino.

I have Bruno also who I'd like to move on, becuase I think he'll be rested. I just don't see a decent alternative as I don't have the funds for Mane.

A more boring transfer is just moving Greenwood to Willock, which I may end up doing. Or Veltman to Philps.

Haven't a clue really:pac:

Pepe has rocked up with 3 goals in last 2 game. Last home game for Arsenal in a desperate season - they might show up. It's a very punty though

Bobby is a good shout though, hard to know what Kane will show up on last day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

Pepe is interesting alright - his second goal last night was particularly good. Brighton are a bit of a stubborn opponent - part of me would like to pick against a team who have completely given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Son out for Harrison on a whim.

Leaving me over 5 mil in the bank finishing up the season, which is a rarity for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

trigger26 wrote: »
    Do yis think Bruno/Shae will be rested? Thinking of shipping son but that lad could score double digits no bother. Other thoughts is bringing in Leeds defender for Everton one

Id wait as late as possible to the 2.30pm deadline to see if there is early team news from United. But Dallas in for an Everton defender would seem a no brainer, just cant see Everton having a clean sheet v City whereas Leeds have been keeping clean sheets lately- 4 of them from their last 5 games
    x43r0 wrote: »
    553591.png

My god thats a real game of cat and mouse right there. Would say definitely get Dallas in as your rival having him could really punish you and an in form Leeds are playing Brom at home in their first ever Premier League game in front of fans. Leeds could actually run riot in this one.

You could use your second FT to either block him by getting Martinez in or get a keeper with a chance of a clean sheet- Arsenals Leno stands out in that regard

With only 2 points between you your captain pick is absolutely vital. He is likely to go with Bruno or Kane, neither which appears as good as captaining Salah. Bruno could have his minutes limited or even not start at all. Hard to know what we will see from Kane after his dire and disinterested performance last night, no way would I want to captain him again. So he might be forced into Bruno C and Kane VC whereas you captaining Salah definitely seems like an advantage this week.

Finally, (and this goes for everyone in tight races), check your rivals team to see if they have a sneaky chip up their sleeve. I only copped a couple of days ago that my main rival has a bench boost chip left for the final day.
    According to LiveFPL loads of players have chips left, below is what has been used so far by players overall
    Bench Boost- 52% used
    Triple Captain- 69% used
    Free Hit- 63% used
    https://www.livefpl.net/chips

So there is a fair few unused chips about. Some of it would be dead and abandoned teams but also a good chunk of it has to be players looking to do a final day smash and grab in tight money leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Thinking of Digne & Son to TAA & Harrison for a -4, or just Digne to Dallas. Both would be blocking moves to a rival who's 58 points behind which is very unlikely to be caught unless a miracle captain pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I've 2 freebies and no idea what to do with 2nd one. I'm going to bite on Willock in for Jota as a more guaranteed bench is needed for this rotation week upcoming. Tempted to dump Shaw even though I've Digne with a toughie. I'm certain he wont play this weekend.

The key will be to go into Sunday with planned transfers and holding for as long as possible for team news and then making a decision.

If Bruno was on the bench would you sell him for instance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Pepe has rocked up with 3 goals in last 2 game. Last home game for Arsenal in a desperate season - they might show up. It's a very punty though

Bobby is a good shout though, hard to know what Kane will show up on last day
    steve_r wrote: »
    Pepe is interesting alright - his second goal last night was particularly good. Brighton are a bit of a stubborn opponent - part of me would like to pick against a team who have completely given up.

I’ve a niggle on me for Auba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The key will be to go into Sunday with planned transfers and holding for as long as possible for team news and then making a decision.

If Bruno was on the bench would you sell him for instance?

For hit? Probably. It’s a lot of money to leave sitting on the bench when there’s a decent chance you’ll have at least one other no show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm 16pts behind main rival. Is a -4 hit worth it, or does it only leave my uphill battle worse?! I'll be captaining someone left field, maybe Raphina, Mane or Antonio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

Any City asset worth bringing in, if do transfer out United lads.

Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I know who 10 of my players are gonna be this week, I just can’t figure out whether to get 11th player this week it’s better to go for a striker like Antonio/Wood to chase the final day goal rushes or if bringing in a defender like Dallas might be better as he has multiple routes to points against a West Brom team who may be completely on the beach after the Big Sam announcement.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'm 16pts behind main rival. Is a -4 hit worth it, or does it only leave my uphill battle worse?! I'll be captaining someone left field, maybe Raphina, Mane or Antonio.

Very hard to answer that without knowing the differentials both of you already have

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Utd will have a much changed team for sundays dead rubber against wolves imo

forget bruno shaw awb rashford cavani pogba for a start greenwood may play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Harrison in for Greenwood

Augero or Wood in for DCL

Won mini league (98pts ahead)
    Both will be a good differential for last GW

daheff wrote: »
    Aguero

But he had an injury during the week - will this magical go away? last think Aguero wants to do is to pick up an injury keeping him out for months since he hasn't signed with anyone yet.

Level 42 wrote: »
    Utd will have a much changed team for sundays dead rubber against wolves imo

forget bruno shaw awb rashford cavani pogba for a start greenwood may play
    Given that they have 1 point from their last 3 Premier League games I will be stunned if 3/4 of the 7 you mentioned don't play.

The 2 from that list that I most expect to be rested would be Shaw and Cavani because their fitness levels aren't amazing. Rashford I think will play because he didn't start against Fulham. Bruno, AWB, Greenwood and Pogba are 50/50 shouts IMO.

I think 3 games ago Ole would have seen this as a rest day, to play the kids, but he is probably worried about momentum and rhythm as it stands.

That postponed game did more damage to United than anyone would have expected.

CSF wrote: »
    Very hard to answer that without knowing the differentials both of you already have

My team on the left, his on the right:

Martinez vs Mendy
    TAA vs Phillips
    Rudiger vs Digne
    Lowton vs Coady
    Dawson vs Holding
    DCL vs Ihenacho

I'd be 99% sure he'll captain Salah too. I'm leaning towards Mane, or Raphina. Maybe even Dallas or TAA!

I'm thinking Son > Mane, and then maybe -4 for DCL > Bamford.

• Advertisement

My team on the left, his on the right:

Martinez vs Mendy
    TAA vs Phillips
    Rudiger vs Digne
    Lowton vs Coady
    Dawson vs Holding
    DCL vs Ihenacho

I'd be 99% sure he'll captain Salah too. I'm leaning towards Mane, or Raphina. Maybe even Dallas or TAA!

I'm thinking Son > Mane, and then maybe -4 for DCL > Bamford.

I would say Raphinha has the most differential upside. How he hasn’t exploded already I do not know.

CSF wrote: »
    I would say Raphinha has the most differential upside. How he hasn’t exploded already I do not know.

Himself and Mane are the best, maybe safest "punt" picks I think. How lively was Raphina midweek, do you know?

Himself and Mane are the best, maybe safest "punt" picks I think. How lively was Raphina midweek, do you know?

I didn’t watch the game but he really should have scored right at the end. I saw that one.

He only had an xG of 0.18 (which I’m surprised at because I thought that chance alone was worth more than that) and an xA of 0.10 so maybe you wouldn’t be basing the shout off that game alone.

In his defence xG stats probably haven’t covered how dangerous he generally looked all season, as he only has an xG for the season of 6.05 but a better xA of 8.61 which still probably doesn’t cover quite how tricky he’s looked on the eye test when you consider Grealish has higher stats despite having been injured since the Leicester game way back when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Time to dump the key City Utd and Chelsea players. They have nothing to play for and European Finals to come. Even if they start they will not be giving 100%. I had enough money in the bank to do Bruno to Salah and did that two days ago before their price drops/rises.

Beyond that this weekend has a real end of year in school feeling about it. Impossible to predict who will go nuts and who won't even turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

touts wrote: »
    Time to dump the key City Utd and Chelsea players. They have nothing to play for and European Finals to come. Even if they start they will not be giving 100%. I had enough money in the bank to do Bruno to Salah and did that two days ago before their price drops/rises.

Beyond that this weekend has a real end of year in school feeling about it. Impossible to predict who will go nuts and who won't even turn up.

This is the second time I have read Chelsea have nothing to play for. If they don't win and Leicester and Liverpool do they are in the Europa League unless they win the Champions League final. I expect a full team from them on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

touts wrote: »

Chelsea need to win to guarantee CL spot so they'll be full strength

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

siblers wrote: »
    Chelsea need to win to guarantee CL spot so they'll be full strength

Even with the final coming up?

Also with Salah and Kane going for the golden boot hard to know who to captain :confused:

Reading back here I think I might keep rudiger and captain Salah :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

mamax wrote: »
    Even with the final coming up?

As has been said if they lose and Liverpool and Leicester win they will be relying on beating Man City to have Champions League football next season.

Tuchel won’t want everything to be riding on the European match.

As has been said if they lose and Liverpool and Leicester win they will be relying on beating Man City to have Champions League football next season.

Tuchel won’t want everything to be riding on the European match.
    Even if we manage a draw with them, the 2 sides can leapfrog them by a point with a win. It is proper squeaky bumtime for Chelsea on Sunday, particularly after we suddenly looked like a football team on Wednesday again with our Lord and saviour Jack Grealish back in the team.

Chelsea are rightly favourites of course, but it is far from a sure thing. I wouldn't be feeling defeated yet if I was a Leicester fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

Chelsea are probably the team I'm looking to transfer in from. Currently have none of their players and thinking Cancelo - Chilwell /James. Unfortunately their full backs can be a guessing game at times

Advertisement