Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW38 - transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

It would be baffling if Bruno (or any player due to be involved on Wednesday) started really.

But Solskjaer has made similar baffling decisions before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Ah ffs looks like Mane’s price went up. Was holding out to do shaw/Bruno to Dallas/mane but -0.1 off now

Shaw to Dallas is a blocker move so think I have to stick to that

Pains me to say but Auba looks like the only other premium mid to turn to now

Edit: or do I go cheaper Leeds defender in order to get mane and hope against Dallas getting an attacking return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He got a half-an-hour run out midweek and has been struggling with fitness issues for a lot of the season so Solskjaer may decide to spare him for the final with this game meaning nothing.

Would he not be really rusty though after 13 days without a start? I thought Ole would give him like an hour or so and still keep him fresh for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    Would he not be really rusty though after 13 days without a start? I thought Ole would give him like an hour or so and still keep him fresh for it

The fact he wouldn't have started in two weeks before a massive game is a valid reason for thinking he starts today but I think he will be on the bench again and get another 30 minutes to keep him ticking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Yeah, if i was Solskjaer i'd be resting Mason with my eye on starting him on Wednesday and starting Rashford today.

But i'm not.

• Advertisement

The fact he wouldn't have started in two weeks before a massive game is a valid reason for thinking he starts today but I think he will be on the bench again and get another 30 minutes to keep him ticking over.

Interesting. Which will mean Greenwood should start.

Interesting. Which will mean Greenwood should start.

Yeah I think there's a good chance Greenwood starts. Cavani is more than likely going to start against Villarreal so Greenwood probably starts this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rashford will want to keep the record of playing every game in the league this season. But i don't think he even starts the EL final. His form hasn't been great at all.

I wonder could we see Phil Jones get a game today or be in the squad. With Maguire out injured, Lindelof and Tuanzabe look the most likely to start the EL Final. So who plays today - Bailly and ??? maybe Matic slots back in?

Yeah I think there's a good chance Greenwood starts. Cavani is more than likely going to start against Villarreal so Greenwood probably starts this one.

I thought Greenwood would start the final on the right, feels awful harsh on him to not get the start after him being right up there for United’s best player in the run-in.

Are there any (non Liverpool or Leeds) players out there who are worth 5 points more than Calvert Lewin today? Can basically be a different position if needs be (since I can just transfer someone else out and bench DCL) but my feeling is that I should just hope City are leaky on the last day even though I don’t expect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If this was a normal gameweek I'd bank but might do Martinez to Allison or Watkins to Wood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

x43r0 wrote: »
    Ah ffs looks like Mane’s price went up. Was holding out to do shaw/Bruno to Dallas/mane but -0.1 off now

Edit: or do I go cheaper Leeds defender in order to get mane and hope against Dallas getting an attacking return?

I’d favour Torres over Auba as a last week punt

siblers wrote: »
    If this was a normal gameweek I'd bank but might do Martinez to Allison or Watkins to Wood

The first feels like a good shout. Really should have 3 Liverpool to maximise the benefit of that fixture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

x43r0 wrote: »

Depends. Do you think Auba scores today or do you think his price looks good on your screen?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Rashford will want to keep the record of playing every game in the league this season. But i don't think he even starts the EL final. His form hasn't been great at all.

I wonder could we see Phil Jones get a game today or be in the squad. With Maguire out injured, Lindelof and Tuanzabe look the most likely to start the EL Final. So who plays today - Bailly and ??? maybe Matic slots back in?

I don't think Jones is fit (shock horror). He's still struggling with a knee problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Do Mendy, Phillips, Bale, Watkins, Raph, Salah outscore EMI, Digne, Son, Nacho, Pereira, Bruno, Gundo (Consider that I think Bruno will become mane)?

I thought Greenwood would start the final on the right, feels awful harsh on him to not get the start after him being right up there for United’s best player in the run-in.

Are there any (non Liverpool or Leeds) players out there who are worth 5 points more than Calvert Lewin today? Can basically be a different position if needs be (since I can just transfer someone else out and bench DCL) but my feeling is that I should just hope City are leaky on the last day even though I don’t expect that.

I think it comes down to him or Rashford for the start on Wednesday and despite Greenwood's good form I think he'll side with the experience of Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Henderson; Williams, Bailly, Jones, Telles; Matic, Van de Beek, Mata; Amad, Greenwood, Elanga

That's doing the rounds on Twitter, obviously massive pinch of salt as it seems too prefectly logical really

Henderson; Williams, Bailly, Jones, Telles; Matic, Van de Beek, Mata; Amad, Greenwood, Elanga

That's doing the rounds on Twitter, obviously massive pinch of salt as it seems too prefectly logical really

LOL there's Jones and all

The first feels like a good shout. Really should have 3 Liverpool to maximise the benefit of that fixture

I don't really trust Liverpool to keep a clean sheet but a higher chance than Villa of keeping one. Ideally I'd get Robberston but I'm priced out

There was a leak for the Fulham game that was wrong too. I'd go with your gut

• Advertisement

It's a good thing for United that this game means nothing because Jones and Bailly together could make for a grim watch.

Jones hasn't played a senior match for 16 months.

siblers wrote: »
    There was a leak for the Fulham game that was wrong too. I'd go with your gut
    This one now appears to be coming from the Manchester Evening News, which while obviously not solid until we see the lineup announced, certainly does add some credibility to it.

It's a good thing for United that this game means nothing because Jones and Bailly together could make for a grim watch.

Jones hasn't played a senior match for 16 months.

Was very surprised when Ole added in to the PL team in second half of year.

Maybe United reckon if he plays, and plays half decent, they could get 15m for him from someone and get rid of him in the summer.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Was very surprised when Ole added in to the PL team in second half of year.

Maybe United reckon if he plays, and plays half decent, they could get 15m for him from someone and get rid of him in the summer.
    Can only assume there was supposed to be a decimal point somewhere in that 15, either before or in the middle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Just double checking the differences between myself and my rival. The only real differences are (mine on the left):

Martinez vs Mendy
    Dawson vs Digne
    TAA vs Phillips
    Mane vs Son
    DCL vs Iheanacho/Saka

Is this enough to overtake a 16pt deficit? I’m gonna captain Mane (i’d be 99% sure he’ll captain Salah).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

This one now appears to be coming from the Manchester Evening News, which while obviously not solid until we see the lineup announced, certainly does add some credibility to it.

Even they just call it a leaked lineup. They've as good an idea as me and you.

I've only Greenwood who I'll start regardless anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

If Bailly and Jones start then Fabio feckin' Silva would be a good punt for today!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

No need for a bench now, so I've switched all excess assets for fodder so I could bring in Allison and TAA.
    Good luck all. C U next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Think I'll take a hit now to give myself a GK which puts me from +2 to -2 to start the GW

Meaning either

Option A:
    Guaita -> Allison
    Shaw -> Dallas
    Bruno -> Torres

or

Option B:
    Guaita -> ???
    Shaw -> Dallas
    Bruno -> Mane

We both have TAA but rival has Nat Phillips, so Allison makes sense as a blocker for but option B gets Mane into my team however then the GK choice is not so clear

Advertisement