Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing Charge Low Usage for the last 12 months

Options
  • 19-05-2021 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I moved in my house last year and in that time i've been paying my electric and gas through direct debit.

I'll hold up my hand and say i've not been submitting meter readings until i received a letter saying its been 12 months. So i checked today and see that my actual usage is far higher than the estimated.

I assumed since i was being charged 50-70 euro per bill it was estimated close to the actual but i've been paying a Low usage charge for a number of months when i think i shouldn't have been. It was estimating 29 units for 2 months when i was using far higher.

If i submit a meter reading will i get a large bill next month even though i've been paying the low usage charge?

Can this be fixed?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 20 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Glenn

Hi Kenno90,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you please private message us the following details: 

[*]Your full name

[*]Your account number

[*]The first line of your address

[*]Your contact number

[*]Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

Can you also please send us your up-to-date meter reading so we can check this for you.

Kind regards,
    Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

PM sent to Glenn

Advertisement