Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new house, 4 beds? mattress mick?

Options
  • 19-05-2021 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

guys new build, want to assure I get beds that last a while, has anyone kitted out their homes with mattress mick? the delivery time is really good reviews seem good,

i used another well known company 2 years back and the stuff didnt last.

one place i walked into told me to wait 10 weeks and sleep on the floor!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Have multiple beds/mattresses from Big Mickey/Dublin Beds (sister companies). Check out the quality bed and mattress thread over in bargain alerts. Many many happy customers

Edit: not to be confused with Mattress Mick! But better quality and service than MM in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Used them no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not to Alarm OP, but first a shortage on 99 flakes, now this, I can't take anymore :)

https://www.thejournal.ie/mattresses-global-supply-shortages-5440385-May2021/

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Emma mattress are made in Ireland and deliver in a few days. They've a 200 day money back guarantee too
    I'm very happy with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Emma2019 wrote: »
    Emma mattress are made in Ireland and deliver in a few days. They've a 200 day money back guarantee too
    You work for the company Emma:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I got an Emma; I wouldn't get one again. I find I have to change sides and ends every couple of days to get comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,051 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Called into the Coolock branch a few years ago and it was all cheap stuff that landlords love to buy for rented property but wouldn't put into their own homes. This was close to 10 years ago. Maybe they have changed. A good bed suppliers should stock cheap and expensive. If they don't stock brands like odearest then I wouldn't buy from them even if I wasn't looking to buy that particular brand myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

James 007 wrote: »
    You work for the company Emma:rolleyes:

Haha no I dont!
    sabat wrote: »
    I got an Emma; I wouldn't get one again. I find I have to change sides and ends every couple of days to get comfortable.

You can request a foam topper for free and it makes it much firmer. I don't know why they dont advertise it, I read it in some review. I much prefer ours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They have pretty decent mattresses. Got a Hilton 2000 and it beat many 1200+ mattress for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

They have pretty decent mattresses. Got a Hilton 2000 and it beat many 1200+ mattress for me anyway

I've one of those as well. Happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

I checked those options, and went for Ikea beds and mattresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

appreciate all the feed back guys i spoke to mattressmick on the phone and put an order in online,

thanks for all the feedback.

I'd worry less about the retailer and more about the brand.

I'm about 20st and I have a Respa mattress. I like a firm mattress, and this one is called Backcare Supreme. Cost me about €500. That was about 5 years ago, and despite me being quite heavy and sleeping (and doing other extra curricular activities) on it, if you wrapped it in plastic you'd still sell it as a brand new mattress. Not a bit of wear on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,330 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Another vote for bigmickey.ie.

Got my own mattress, and a few for a holiday house from him. All great, and service second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Ikea and its the best mattress we have ever has its got a built-in topper and you do no need to flip it over the quality very good. doubled springed or something not sure of the technical bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Big Mickey is brilliant. Put an order in for a mattress on Tuesday evening and it was delivered today, no problems.

Bought the same one we bought from them previously (for another room) - Crystal 2000 Pocket Gel Memory Encapsulated. Soft but firm at the same time (hate soft beds). The company is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

All four beds and mattresses in my house are from Big Mickey. We got a good deal and very happy with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

I'd worry less about the retailer and more about the brand.

I'm about 20st and I have a Respa mattress. I like a firm mattress, and this one is called Backcare Supreme. Cost me about €500. That was about 5 years ago, and despite me being quite heavy and sleeping (and doing other extra curricular activities) on it, if you wrapped it in plastic you'd still sell it as a brand new mattress. Not a bit of wear on it.

Respa are great! They're from my home town (employ 1/2 the town) and it's the only brand we'd use. OH and I have ours over 11 years and it's only in the last 6 months we've talked about changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

Another vote for bigmickey.ie.

had all my from them, no issue after 3 years so far, easy to deal with and decent lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Word to the wise, if you’re working from home and using company laptop, do not google Big Mickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Matress Mick for the bed frames in ours (Divan - cheap box things) and some of them mattresses.

Got a lower range ikea bed and mattress for spare room which is quite good and was cheaper.

Also had the emma mattresses in previous place and they were great value (on sale mind you)

For ease Big Mick is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Emma2019 wrote: »

Got an Emma myself about 6 months ago, absolute no issues, very comfortable but I can see why some people would not like it, its not for everyone, thankfully their 200 day money back is good

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Big Mickey....if you are on a budget, really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

gmisk wrote: »
    Big Mickey....if you are on a budget, really good

If your not on a budget and wanted a quality bed and didn’t mind spending a bit then where would you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,330 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

begbysback wrote: »
    If your not on a budget and wanted a quality bed and didn’t mind spending a bit then where would you go?
    Bigmickey.ie!

That's where I went for my own mattress, had horrendous back pain from my old one, he let me try out a few test one and I got one I'm very happy with. It was not cheap, but worth every penny. I've also got a bed base and headboard from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Word to the wise, if you’re working from home and using company laptop, do not google Big Mickey

Some craic when the truck pulls up to your house though.

"Ah it's just my underwear shipment has arrived".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Got an Emma myself about 6 months ago, absolute no issues, very comfortable but I can see why some people would not like it, its not for everyone, thankfully their 200 day money back is good

I had to return my hybrid Emma mattress. Kept felt like I was sinking into it and a sagging sensation like sleepingin a hammock. Partner hated it too. They even sent out a firm topper that helped slightly but was still unsatisfied. Their return policy is excellent though and I got refunded 3 days after they collected mattress. That was the only reason I bought online was their 200 day return policy.

Its pocket spring traditional mattress for me from now on. Memory foam is not for me. Couldn't understand how it allegedly was UK and Ireland's most awarded mattress from customers! People really have different preferences

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Ha Ha

Our slogan is :

Bigmickey.ie " Go on , it's not what you think"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tza0TQVHNU0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Sorry to drag up this thread but we were in Mattress Mick's\Caffrey's Furniture today and fell in love with this mattress - https://www.mattressmick.ie/products/platinum-5000-pocket-spring-mattress

Anyone any experience with this one (Platinum 5000 Pocket Spring Mattress) or similar? Big enough money but we don't plan on buying another one for at least 10 years!

Thanks,

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

5000 pocket would be one that would last 10 years alright, one of their best mattresses, i normally dont buy as highend as I like to change the mattresses every few years, but I'm going to change that motto as entry level mattresses are only any use for a year

Advertisement