Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres

Options
  • 19-05-2021 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Having a look online to try find tyres for the BSA, Avons prefered and its like trying to find the holy grail. Can someone tell me of anywhere in Ireland, or even better Dublin that sells tyres in classic sizes ?

Going onto the manufacturers websites is a waste of time, very little info on stockists. Anywhere up north ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Tell me what sizes you're after and I'll see what I can find in my trade catalogues. I've accounts with 3 suppliers. Mind you, there is a shortage of tyres at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

http://www.avonmotorcycle.co.uk/
    If you search, you will find that they list suitable tyres and list two Dublin stores

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

tudderone wrote: »
    Having a look online to try find tyres for the BSA, Avons prefered and its like trying to find the holy grail. Can someone tell me of anywhere in Ireland, or even better Dublin that sells tyres in classic sizes ?

Going onto the manufacturers websites is a waste of time, very little info on stockists. Anywhere up north ?

Give Cotter's a shout. They most likely won't have any in stock but will order them in for you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm having a nightmare with Oponeo. Tyres ordered 12th May. 1 delivered from France. The other is supposedly in Athlone via Spain and Holland!

www.thevisorshop.com offer overnight delivery from Newry and actually carry stock. Prices are decent. Crossan Motorbikes btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm having a nightmare with Oponeo. Tyres ordered 12th May. 1 delivered from France. The other is supposedly in Athlone via Spain and Holland!

That's what you get for ordering Continental's :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

blade1 wrote: »
    That's what you get for ordering Continental's :D

DPD texted to say that they'll deliver my already well travelled Metzeller front tyre after lunch.

Things are so quiet I'm actually genuinely excited. I've to get the tyres changed and wheels balanced and painted...............

Advertisement