Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FACTA and CRS Request

Options
  • 19-05-2021 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello!

I have recently closed my account with Bank of Ireland, as I moved out of the country. I just got an email with a reference number asking me to fill out a FACTA and CRS form. However, there was no link to the form on the email. 

Additionally, the FACTA FAQ page on the bank of ireland site says that there should be links to the form. However, there is a (include link) placeholder instead of the actual link (I would report that to your product team ;)). 

Could you please advise as to:

1) Do I need to provide this information, given that I no longer have a BOI account and am not a resident of Ireland?

2) If so, where can I find this form and how do I submit it? (I would strongly prefer to submit this online, as I live quite far from Ireland now). 

Any help you could provide on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Boi1717 wrote: »
    Hello!

I have recently closed my account with Bank of Ireland, as I moved out of the country. I just got an email with a reference number asking me to fill out a FACTA and CRS form. However, there was no link to the form on the email. 

Additionally, the FACTA FAQ page on the bank of ireland site says that there should be links to the form. However, there is a (include link) placeholder instead of the actual link (I would report that to your product team ;)). 

Could you please advise as to:

1) Do I need to provide this information, given that I no longer have a BOI account and am not a resident of Ireland?

2) If so, where can I find this form and how do I submit it? (I would strongly prefer to submit this online, as I live quite far from Ireland now). 

Any help you could provide on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Boi17171

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

It is likely for a particular reporting period that the FACTA and CRS will need to be completed. 

Sorry about that, you can complete the registration online with us here for personal accounts active or closed with us. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison

Advertisement