Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulcrum Racing 4 Vs Campagnolo Scirocco

Options
  • 19-05-2021 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭

Can't see much posted about Fulcrum wheels here. Got a set of Zonda disc wheels but unfortunately my bike has a 15mm front thru axle so they're being returned. I have a good history with Campag as a heavy rider at 110kg, their entry level Khamsin wheels held up where similar priced wheels would pop spokes.

Upgraded to Zondas a few years ago and had no bother with them. Scirocco would be a safe bet but I have my eye on the Fulcrum Racing 4. They're €100 less, 50g lighter, slightly deeper at 35mm and come with the 15mm adaptor. Reviews seem to suggest the Scirocco are over 1,800g.

One poster on here who's a similar weight said they're good wheels. User reviews are very hit and miss though, broken spokes, hubs giving out after a few months etc. Need something solid for my commuter and I'm a bit nervous to move away from Campag but I know Fulcrum are similar in many ways.

Can anyone comment on the Fulcrum Racing 4 or 5?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've two bikes - one on Zondas and the other on Fulcrum R3s. Little or no difference. The Fulcrums were on my 'good' bike and the Zondas on the winter/commuter. Last year I got a new pair of Zondas for the 'good' bike and after 9,500km of service I put the Fulcrums on the winter bike. I've put up over 5,000km on them over the winter months on the roads and streets of Dublin without no issues whatsoever.

I doubt you'll have any issue with the Fulcrums - they're a sub brand of Campagnolo so quality and build is almost identical.

Advertisement