Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic around mahon

Options
  • 19-05-2021 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Have to drop a relative to the mater hospital by mahon tomorrow morning., 9am.

I'd be coming along the south link from the west.

What's the traffic like at that time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Add around 10-15 mins to the standard journey and you should be fine. Grand til you get parallel to Douglas, bit of a slow down then until you get past Bloomfield. Keep left and you have the third lane to merge into all the way to the Mahon exit. Keep right going up the ramp and merge into the left lane after you make the left turn bringing you towards the retail park which will put you in the lane for the Mater.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I would have said keep left going up the ramp, then you dont have to push your way into the left lane after the turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

That can be backed up by a couple of hundred cars, depending on the time of day.... probably not as much of an issue nowadays with most office workers out of the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

That's skipping the queue, I hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Ended up sailing through, one change of lights, about 8:30, got there a bit early but the car park filled up really quick after I arrived.

• Advertisement
Advertisement