Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint supplements

Options
  • 20-05-2021 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

So just wondering what people are using for joint supplements, before going vegan about 2.5 years ago i used to use fish oil, The I was using omega 3 from Vegetology , but looking to switch away , mainly that ive been ordering online and my god there was so much plastic in there last shipment

So, over the counter, in ireland , good for the auld joints, what ya got ?:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

dashoonage wrote: »
    So just wondering what people are using for joint supplements, before going vegan about 2.5 years ago i used to use fish oil, The I was using omega 3 from Vegetology , but looking to switch away , mainly that ive been ordering online and my god there was so much plastic in there last shipment

So, over the counter, in ireland , good for the auld joints, what ya got ?:cool:

The supplement industry not well regulated hence you could end up spending money for nothing. Fancy labels without real nutritional value. The best supplement is natural food but since you want to be Vegan/Vegetarian and restrict your self from proper nutritional food.

Well then only option is Colostrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Is proper nutritional food meat/animal products? Plenty of people live and thrive eating plant based/vegan and vegetarian diets so I'm not sure if you're trying to provoke deliberately?

As per this topic, I got an order from vegetology and everything is compostable/recyclable. All the pots are biodegradable and they use startch pellets rather than foam. In the last year they've changed all their packaging to be more eco friendly.

Minami do a vegan DHA but it's super expensive. Seen it in a few health shops plus chemists.

Turmeric is apparently great for joint inflammation but there's no evidence that it supports joint health.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thanks ive went with vegetology again to see how it works out. it may have been a once off with the packaging

Also we wont feed the troll seeing as we dont have any proper nutritional food to feed it with.

Bigbooty wrote: »
    Is proper nutritional food meat/animal products? Plenty of people live and thrive eating plant based/vegan and vegetarian diets so I'm not sure if you're trying to provoke deliberately?

As per this topic, I got an order from vegetology and everything is compostable/recyclable. All the pots are biodegradable and they use startch pellets rather than foam. In the last year they've changed all their packaging to be more eco friendly.

Minami do a vegan DHA but it's super expensive. Seen it in a few health shops plus chemists.

Turmeric is apparently great for joint inflammation but there's no evidence that it supports joint health.

Some do better on fruit&veg and some not, all depend on body type. If your body type is not build to support veg only don't force it.

And I am not trying to provoke just a facts.

1. Commercially grown fruit & veg have Lower Nutritional Content
    https://www.motherearthnews.com/nature-and-environment/nutritional-content-zmaz09jjzraw

2. Most vitamins in veg is precursors and needs to be activated first. The conversion process insufficient and stands at 3-10% Also over 45% of people have DNA "defect" in conversion of pre-vitamins from vegetable and especially as you getting older.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4785134/

3. Turmeric not a miracle, eating grains & sugar/fructose diet (part of vegan/vegetarian) what lead to high body inflammation.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29225114/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2821887/

Eating balance diet is the key in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

markmoto wrote: »
    Some do better on fruit&veg and some not, all depend on body type. If your body type is not build to support veg only don't force it.

Eating balance diet is the key in my opinion.

Vegetarians & Vegans don’t just eat fruit & veg. They eat:

Legumes (peas, beans, and lentils)
    Nuts and seeds.
    Breads, rice, and pasta.
    Dairy alternatives such as soymilk, coconut milk, and almond milk.
    Tofu, Tempeh
    Vegetable oils

‘With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.‘

Taken from https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/the-vegan-diet/

So yes in fact a vegan diet is balanced.

• Advertisement

Some people do pretty well on vegetarian/vegan diet but many not.
    My post for people who wants to follow "trend" without evaluating real data and considering all aspects body type, age, etc

I am not against vegetarian/vegan rather for real scientific data.

Legumes (peas, beans, and lentils)

Majority of Legumes anti-nutrients, which can interfere with digestion and the absorption of other nutrients.
    Impairs the absorption of iron, zinc, and calcium from the same meal and may increase the risk of mineral deficiencies in people who rely on legumes or other high-phytate foods as a dietary staple.
    Potentially toxic lectins are highest in grains, legumes, and dairy. In the body, lectins damage the intestinal wall, contributing to leaky gut, with all its associated digestive and autoimmune problems.

Nuts and seeds.
    As above loaded with lectins, high in Oxalates, mycotoxins and on top of that sprayed with toxic chemicals before sending to retail market such as endosulfan, phosmat, glyphosate, atrazine, methyl bromide.
    But handful of nuts probably wont cause any damage, I eat my self sometimes.

Breads, rice, and pasta.
    A diet with high glycemic indexes (GI) linked to inflammation, diabetes, coronary heart disease and early dead.

Dairy alternatives such as soymilk, coconut milk, and almond milk.

soy is antinutrien food, soymilk comes with warning label for Pregnancy. Kidney failure, kidney stones, urinary bladder cancer, impair female fertility and mess with thyroid function.

almond milk is processed product, contain additives; sugar, salt, gums, "flavours" and types of emulsifiers AND some brands adds sea moss/carrageenan it causes gut tumors, ulcers and triggers colon cancer.

coconut milk also highly processed product, some comes with gluten and soy.

Tofu, Tempeh

Tofu contains several antinutrients. Block trypsin, an enzyme needed to properly digest protein etc

and Tempeh also soy based nonsense.

Vegetable oils

Are you serious ? : )

Advertisement