Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to contact Airbnb hosts in my area?

Options
  • 20-05-2021 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but looking for advice or information on how to contact Airbnb hosts in my area.

I recently started a cleaning company and wish to advertise my services to Airbnb hosts in my area. I understand Airbnb makes it difficult to contact hosts directly for obvious reasons, and in my opinion I don't think hosts would appreciate me contacting them through the "contact host" option on their listing, or would they?

Any advice on how to contact local Airbnb host would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Not really accommodation & property discussion. Moving to Entrepreneurship & Business Management,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Ompl wrote: »
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section but looking for advice or information on how to contact Airbnb hosts in my area.

I recently started a cleaning company and wish to advertise my services to Airbnb hosts in my area. I understand Airbnb makes it difficult to contact hosts directly for obvious reasons, and in my opinion I don't think hosts would appreciate me contacting them through the "contact host" option on their listing, or would they?

Any advice on how to contact local Airbnb host would be greatly appreciated. :)

It's really easy, go in as if you're looking for somewhere to stay, select nearby and all the local airbnbs will show up, click on each property individually, click on the host's picture and then contact host.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ompl

It's really easy, go in as if you're looking for somewhere to stay, select nearby and all the local airbnbs will show up, click on each property individually, click on the host's picture and then contact host.

Yes this does seem like the only option, but I was unsure if hosts would appreciate being contacted this way as I imagine they are expecting only potential guest to contact them this way.

If any Airbnb hosts see this post I'd be interested to hear your opinion on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Yes this does seem like the only option, but I was unsure if hosts would appreciate being contacted this way as I imagine they are expecting only potential guest to contact them this way.

If any Airbnb hosts see this post I'd be interested to hear your opinion on it. :)

It's no different than if a potential visitor would be contacting with a query.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ompl

It's no different than if a potential visitor would be contacting with a query.

True! I guess I'm reading into it too much then. :pac:

Thanks for the help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

You are risking being marked as a spammer if you go contacting hosts systematically through the platform and Airbnb may disable/delete/ban your account.

Try some ads online that specifically target Airbnb, either Google Facebook, etc. If you are targeting more corporate type of hosts, LinkedIn might be a little bit better for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

tanit wrote: »
    You are risking being marked as a spammer if you go contacting hosts systematically through the platform and Airbnb may disable/delete/ban your account.

Try some ads online that specifically target Airbnb, either Google Facebook, etc. If you are targeting more corporate type of hosts, LinkedIn might be a little bit better for results.

100% op would be flagged as a spammer

Per ts and cs:
    Only use the Airbnb Platform as authorized by these Terms or another agreement with us
    You may only use another Member’s personal information as necessary to facilitate a transaction using the Airbnb Platform as authorized by these Terms.
    Do not use the Airbnb Platform, our messaging tools, or Members’ personal information to send commercial messages without the recipient’s express consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Airbnb can only hold & use clients data for particular purposes. Giving out data the way you want is exactly why we have GDPR.

I agree with other posters. Go into profile and contact them that way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The best way is to message them - simply say

"I provide an after-guest cleaning service in Tipperary (or wherever) - if this is of interest let me know and I can send details.

As Per Airbnb rules, I will only provide details if you make the request and will not send any further messages unless you make a response"

And also choose the properties carefully - only look for "whole house" rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

Darc19 wrote: »
    The best way is to message them - simply say

"I provide an after-guest cleaning service in Tipperary (or wherever) - if this is of interest let me know and I can send details.

As Per Airbnb rules, I will only provide details if you make the request and will not send any further messages unless you make a response"

And also choose the properties carefully - only look for "whole house" rentals.

There is no way of exchanging phone numbers or email addresses on airbnb until you make a booking. If you enter phone numbers as text, airbnb will delete your account once they notice. You may get away with that once or twice but def not enough times to be useful for your business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

There are Airbnb host groups on FB you could try joining. For example......

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1751845154899242?group_view_referrer=search

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Clipcloppp

I am a host. Did you have any luck? Where are you based, if you happen to be in Cork, I am interested ? There is a facebook group locally for hosts also.

Advertisement