Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witness to an accident @airport on Mon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Was down there the other night and took a pic of that. It hard to tell even when I zoom in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

koutoubia wrote: »
    ...They wanted him to produce his docs even though he produced on the night in question!
    :confused: What documents would he have to 'produce' if cycling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Sorry..feck...just reread and never mentioned my son was on his motorbike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

koutoubia wrote: »
    Sorry..feck...just reread and never mentioned my son was on his motorbike!

:D Small detail that makes a big difference! Insurance all the way would be my advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Yep I think we all assumed it was a Car v Bicycle incident until that point, completely different claim etc. now, wish your son all the best, all based on evidence of who jumped a red light here at the end of the day, video required or its a "he said, she said!" as mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

T-Maxx wrote: »
    :D Small detail that makes a big difference! Insurance all the way would be my advice.
    Inquitus wrote: »
    Yep I think we all assumed it was a Car v Bicycle incident until that point, completely different claim etc. now, wish your son all the best, all based on evidence of who jumped a red light here at the end of the day, video required or its a "he said, she said!" as mentioned above.

Makes no difference being a motorbike or bicycle, fact is there was a collision between a vulnerable road user ( motorbikes are classed as vulnerable by EUITS directive) and a car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Makes no difference being a motorbike or bicycle, fact is there was a collision between a vulnerable road user ( motorbikes are classed as vulnerable by EUITS directive) and a car

It does make a difference as a cyclist you would have no insurance to take account of, in the case of a Motorcycle you have to deal with both your own insurance potentially, and the Car Driver's Insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭feelings

OP, it's not clear in your posts but have you asked the Dublin Airport Police if they have camera's pointing at the accident site? They're generally fairly helpful.

Advertisement