Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable clips for wall/brick

Options
  • 20-05-2021 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good product for this? I have a run of Cat6 to run down my gable wall and any clip I get just bend when I try to hammer them home. I can find any "masonry" clips. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I would recommend that you don't clip this cable type to a wall outside. It is not designed for outdoor use, for a start the sheath is not UV resistant. Perhaps installing it in a conduit would be the simplest way to resolve this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

2011 wrote: »
    I would recommend that you don't clip this cable type to a wall outside. It is not designed for outdoor use, for a start the sheath is not UV resistant. Perhaps installing it in a conduit would be the simplest way to resolve this for you.

It is external, Cat6 cable, sheeted and UV protected!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It is external, Cat6 cable, sheeted and UV protected!

Fair enough.

In that case I would go for this type of clip. Ensure that the clip is suitable for the OD of the cable, use nail plugs (it is important to drill these to exactly the correct depth), chalk a line and evenly space the clips for neatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Might seem like over kill, but some 20mm conduit would do a fairly neat job to contain it.

If you want to use clips you could miss the clip and damage the cable. I'd drill a small hole, yellow plug and tap the clip into that.

Advertisement