Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Ban - Greystones and Charlesland forum

Options
  • 20-05-2021 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I am looking for guidance with regard to a ban from the Greystones and Charlesland forum.

I had called out a local hairdresser about price gouging and was banned - nothing illegal just my experience from a few people that were customers there

I appreciate I may have violated some forum rule - and got a temporary ban but my ban now seems to be permanent and the Forum mod is not replying to my PM's anymore

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Could you try and resolve this with the mod who banned you via PM. That's the first step in the Dispute Resolution process

• Registered Users Posts: 49 onefinemorning

Already tried that 3 days ago - no reply

Already tried that 3 days ago - no reply

Still no update here folks ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Apologies, missed this one. Will have a look into it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Post deleted

Only the OP, CMod, Admins or posters invited by CMod/Admin can post in these threads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I've had a look through that thread & posts in question, and spoken to the mod involved.
    Your naming of a local small business was correctly removed by the mod. With no way to substantiate the veracity of your claim or your identity or motives for posting about that business, this was the only fair course of action.

The fact that you protested that mod action and accused others of being related to the business led directly to your ban, so it is upheld.

However, the local mod has greed that the ban can be reduced to 1 week instead of permanent, provided you do not post claims like that again, and you do not argue over moderation on thread again.

If you agree to the above I will ask an admin to change the permanent ban on your record and reinstate your access to the forum.

Gaspode wrote: »
    I've had a look through that thread & posts in question, and spoken to the mod involved.
    Your naming of a local small business was correctly removed by the mod. With no way to substantiate the veracity of your claim or your identity or motives for posting about that business, this was the only fair course of action.

The fact that you protested that mod action and accused others of being related to the business led directly to your ban, so it is upheld.

However, the local mod has greed that the ban can be reduced to 1 week instead of permanent, provided you do not post claims like that again, and you do not argue over moderation on thread again.

If you agree to the above I will ask an admin to change the permanent ban on your record and reinstate your access to the forum.

Agreed - many thanks

Marking resolved

Gaspode, you can lift the ban directly via Modutils. You only need Admins to lift cards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement