Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Guilty by reason of Insanity READ OP FIRST

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

Not murdered, premeditatively killed.

Much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

She was insane when she committed the killings

Insane people are not responsible for killings committed when they were insane

When she recovers from her insanity she's a free woman

It's very simple to understand.

Will she only recover her sanity due to medication ??

And if she doesn't bother with the medication will she be insane again ?

Doesn't she think she is already sane ?
    Faugheen wrote: »
    It wasn’t murder. She’s also still alive so you’re defaming her.

For someone who claims to read this case multiple times you really do have a difficult time understanding it.

Pure emotion and prejudice.

She is a fooking CHILD KILLER.

To me and a lot of other people she murdered those children.

She planned their deaths with a lot of forethought.
    She exhibited a cold calculating methodology, especially in the killing of her eldest son.

Now of course you and the other semantic chomping legalese types will chastise us for saying murder, more concerned with legal terms than the end results for victims.
    No wonder they say the law has fook all to do with justice.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    May I add idiocy given the poster is seemingly unable to grasp the judgement of the court. I try to avoid being rude but in this instance.......

So I am foolish and an idiot because I don't agree with the court verdict and question it

I am entitled to my opinion just as you are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Well status in society talks.

If this was a single working class mother and addicted to drugs of the street rather than prescribed pills the out come would be very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BloodBath wrote: »
    Well then the law needs to be changed. She allowed herself to get into that mental state. It must have been a long process for it to get that bad. She didn't read any of the warning signs herself? When she started having dark thoughts she didn't look for help to rectify it?

Why is there no personal responsibility for anything anymore? People looking to blame the HSE. I can forgive her husband for it but it's not reality.

You can forgive people for many things because of mental health issues. You cross the line at killing children.

The idea that some new meds she's on has magically fixed her is laughable. If she had serious mental health issues prior to killing her 3 young kids wtf is she going to be like now with that weighing on her? If she has a conscious that is.

An abject lack of understanding of the role of psychiatry, psychology and medication in treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yes, not guilty.

I thought you were reading the case? On what planet are you getting ‘murderer’ from a not guilty verdict?

You have literally used a quote to say you are wrong.

Honest question; would you be ok for her to live beside you when she is released?

For me, no issue. She will not be a danger and there is no risk to other people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Well status in society talks.

If this was a single working class mother and addicted to drugs of the street rather than prescribed pills the out come would be very different.

That's utter rubbish.

Faugheen wrote: »
    I feel like you’re leading to a ‘gotcha’ moment so why don’t you just get on with it?

Ulster rugby case.

Rapists or innocent?

Or does a trial verdict only count when it suits?

Appeals to expertise or legal verdicts to browbeat others over their opinion is cheap rhetoric.

Nobody here thinks their opinion is going to change the verdict of the case.

But nobody else should tell them they cannot hold their opinion on it

No case outcome is unquestionable canon. Its just some humans deciding on something. Anyone can disagree

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    For me, no issue. She will not be a danger and there is no risk to other people.

I genuinely hope that this happens so.

Really I do.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

jmayo wrote: »

And in the eyes of the law, she didn’t murder them.

The law doesn’t give a flying sh*te what your belief is. She went through the system and was found not guilty, and our libel/defamation laws are a lot more stringent than most countries.

jmayo wrote: »
    Will she only recover her sanity due to medication ??

And if she doesn't bother with the medication will she be insane again ?

Doesn't she think she is already sane ?

She planned their deaths with a lot of forethought.
    She exhibited a cold calculating methodology, especially in the killing of her eldest son.

Now of course you and the other semantic chomping legalese types will chastise us for saying murder, more concerned with legal terms than the end results for victims.
    No wonder they say the law has fook all to do with justice.

Well, you're wrong. She was found Not Guilty and it will never be appealed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Closed for Review. I think some folks also need to calm down a little bit so take a step away from the keyboard for a while before you all get yourselves in trouble whilst I review the thread. Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement