Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Guilty by reason of Insanity READ OP FIRST

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Faugheen wrote: »
    As I said, do what you wish, but she's still alive and you're going down a very slippery slope here.

Yes, I said a woman who has already murdered 3 children is capable of murdering another child.
    I dont think i've anything to worry about there, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

bubblypop wrote: »
    Exactly.
    All the experts on mental health posting here and the eye for an eye justice seekers need to read the dignified statement by the man most affected by all this.
    This thread as usual has descended into farce.
    I've read enough, it will only get worse

we might as well right off every murder as insanity. Tons of mental health issues. People are angry because this viewpoint is taking over the World.

I respect his views, but he also qoutes numbers about infanticide. Not all of thoise are mental health issues, and to paint them as such is hugely dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Sure she previously had gathered the drugs and tried to kill them the day before.
    You cant get more premeditated than that.
    Then she had her little murder spot and moved them out of it and upstairs, so she could get the next kid into the murder spot too.

Everyone knows it was premeditated. It was her who testified she had planned it.

Go read the case.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That poster only shows sympathy for women in these cases. Completely biased.

Excuse me? I have every sympathy for Andrew McGinley here because he has literally been left with nothing.

Don't make claims you can't stand over and then call me 'biased'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

A friend of mine is an ex prison officer , he had his throat slashed by an inmate with a blade and was very lucky not to be killed .

However it has had a detrimental effect on his life in the years afterwards in many many ways and he will never be the same .

The inmate had a very strong and vocal backing from the prison psychiatrist who said they were insane and it was not his intention or fault .

So instead of what was attempted murder and however long a sentence that would be he spent a few years in the CMH and was released .

It’s a total different situation and a very hard to thing to gauge what is right and what’s wrong but it doesn’t sit right .

She said in court that because now she is on anti depressants she feels fine and could go back to work and it’s a pity she wasn’t on them before she murdered her young family .

I don’t know but is it not her responsibility to look for help or go to a doctor when she is that low instead of what she did ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Tell me this.
    Would you let her babysit your own kids?

Don't try and deflect. But yes, I would. She was only interested in killing 3 specific children for a specific reason.

Go read the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    She is not at liberty. She is detained at a psychiatric institution and will remain so for some time. Possibly for a longer duration than had she been sentenced for murder.

I did not know that this was the case. This is the correct course of action so.

starkid wrote: »
    we might as well right off every murder as insanity. Tons of mental health issues. People are angry because this viewpoint is taking over the World.

I respect his views, but he also qoutes numbers about infanticide. Not all of thoise are mental health issues, and to paint them as such is hugely dangerous.

Or you can read the f*cking case and find out why he agrees with this verdict.

He also said that there should be an investigation into her diagnosis and her treatment before all of this happened, because he said he was being kept completely out of the loop.

There is a hell of a lot more going on here than you or I both know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Was she out on bail during this?

Why has she not finished the job? How could anyone not after doing this

Has anyone been released after this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

tastyt wrote: »
    A friend of mine is an ex prison officer , he had his throat slashed by an inmate with a blade and was very lucky not to be killed .

She said in court that because now she is on anti depressants she feels fine and could go back to work and it’s a pity she wasn’t on them before she murdered her young family .

I don’t know but is it not her responsibility to look for help or go to a doctor when she is that low instead of what she did ?

Wooooaaaah where does it say she said that?

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    Exactly.
    All the experts on mental health posting here and the eye for an eye justice seekers need to read the dignified statement by the man most affected by all this.
    This thread as usual has descended into farce.
    I've read enough, it will only get worse

Regardless of mental health and "eye for an eye", I'm just saying, objectively, this person should never be released as:

a) she is a child killer and even a 0.0001% chance of reoffending is too much risk to take
    b) she WILL be targeted on the outside
    c) nobody would have her living near them or their families. Would you?

Putting emotions aside, and considering the three points above, does anybody here actually think this person should ever be released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

However it has had a detrimental effect on his life in the years afterwards in many many ways and he will never be the same .

The inmate had a very strong and vocal backing from the prison psychiatrist who said they were insane and it was not his intention or fault .

So instead of what was attempted murder and however long a sentence that would be he spent a few years in the CMH and was released .

It’s a total different situation and a very hard to thing to gauge what is right and what’s wrong but it doesn’t sit right .

Just to be pedantic her medication is not anti depressants but anti psychotics specifically for her mental condition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

How someone could even think about going back to "normal" or work after committing such an act is beyond me.

Sounds like she's also a psychopath unless the meds she's on are blocking her emotions which also sounds dangerous. I don't think anyone will be in any rush to hire her again anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Bad or mad will always devide opinions. Personally I think you've to be both to murder three kids. I'm fine with criminally insane convictions and separate prisons for them.

But you should never be ruled insane after murdering three people and placed in a facility that you may (theoretically) get discharged from. Thats the insane part imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭dmakc

Hoboo wrote: »
    Don't try and deflect. But yes, I would. She was only interested in killing 3 specific children for a specific reason

I'm sorry are you actually serious?

Don't try and deflect. But yes, I would. She was only interested in killing 3 specific children for a specific reason.

Go read the case.

You would let this person babysit your kids? You have to be trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Excuse me? I have every sympathy for Andrew McGinley here because he has literally been left with nothing.

Don't make claims you can't stand over and then call me 'biased'.

I'm talking about the Alan Hawe case, in which he was deemed to severely mentally ill by experts. You said he was sane, what your evidence of that? Perhaps you should forward it onto the Gardai?

DrFrost wrote: »
    Regardless of mental health and "eye for an eye", I'm just saying, objectively, this person should never be released as:

a) she is a child killer and even a 0.0001% chance of reoffending is too much risk to take
    b) she WILL be targeted on the outside
    c) nobody would have her living near them or their families. Would you?

Putting emotions aside, and considering the three points above, does anybody here actually think this person should ever be released?

Doesn't matter what we think.

If the psychiatrists deem her to be mentally fit enough she will be released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As another poster said Chris Benoit etc springs to mind.

Chris Benoit killed himself.

We have no idea what would have happened if he went to court.

• Advertisement

JackTC wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what we think.

If the psychiatrists deem her to be mentally fit enough she will be released.

Fair enough, but would need identity change and relocation (country wise) for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That doesn't mean she'll be released, just that she'll be in Dundrum/Portrane for the rest of her life.

She did a terrible thing and I hope she dies a terrible death.

Look after your mental health and please tell someone you trust if you feel bad.

My dad tried to strangle me when I was a kid, his cousin tried to kill all his kids with a knife.

Easier said than done unfortunately, care for mental health in this country is practically non existent, getting your GP to take you seriously is the first block you'll encounter and they'll only get tougher after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Also, people need to be very careful when they insinuate she could have killed other people's children.

You can defame the dead, but she's still alive.

Just something that some of the legal experts here should note before they go off like they are.

You would want some ambulance chaser of a solicitor/barrister to take that case and stand up in court saying someone on the internet defamed their client, the client that had killed her three children.

I could see a jury spending a good while mulling over the verdict. :rolleyes:
    FFS get a grip.

On another thread on Irish justice system leniency we were getting lectured about our lack of empathy for career criminal skangers.

There are morons in this country that would welcome her out in the morning.

Go read the case.

So would you trust her?
    Be honest and don't hide behind some bolloxology.

I am not allowed discuss …

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

dont think i'd be fit to go on prime time if that happened to me

maybe he can't sell the house now without her consent? why else would you stay

and how could you let someone walk away from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

JackTC wrote: »
    Wooooaaaah where does it say she said that?

I am sure I heard it on the radio report , maybe someone can confirm . If not and I’m mistaken I will of course delete

DrFrost wrote: »
    Fair enough, but would need identity change and relocation (country wise) for obvious reasons.

I'd imagine so.

Even though there's only one picture of her online the media attention has been so much that people on the street would spot her.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Easier said than done unfortunately, care for mental health in this country is practically non existent, getting your GP to take you seriously is the first block you'll encounter and they'll only get tougher after that.

There are plenty of hard working people dealing with an impossible and tragic affliction and people have to be realistic in what they can expect outcomes to be

You can only help people who want to be helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dempo1 wrote: »
    A deeply tragic and sad story but I have to say some of the reporting in some print media especially the indo was just horrific and I wondered did people really need to know some of the graphic details, I was actually shocked the Judge did not restrict reporting. I'm very much for freedom of the press but have to say sharing graphic details unnecessary in this case.

The public have a right to know what she did.

When a man kills his kids he is a murdering scumbag but when a woman does it its a tragedy.

When articles on this case appeared on FB over the last few days quite a few women in the comments section blamed the husband for his wife murdering their kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SnrInfant

I have just watched those poor little children’s YouTube home videos and I am distraught. Mental illness or not, that bitch deserves to rot in hell.
    I am a mother of two little boys the same age.
    I was sympathetic until I saw these and heard how she killed them! All at once, I could believe she wasn’t thinking straight, but she had lunch with Conor and watched a movie with him.
    I am so ****ing upset right now 😩

• Advertisement

I'm talking about the Alan Hawe case, in which he was deemed to severely mentally ill by experts. You said he was sane, what your evidence of that? Perhaps you should forward it onto the Gardai?

He can be deemed mentally ill, like Sanjeev Chadha was, but still know what's right from wrong.

Everything you heard about Alan Hawe, how Clodagh couldn't go anywhere without him, his passive aggressiveness, his lies and his sneaking around, his note saying he didn't want 'Clodagh and the boys picking up the pieces' for his down fall, completely of his own doing, is very different to this case.

If you can't see that then good luck to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement