Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Guilty by reason of Insanity READ OP FIRST

Options

Comments

jmayo wrote: »
    There are morons in this country that would welcome her out in the morning.

So would you trust her?
    Be honest and don't hide behind some bolloxology.

Trust her minding his kids... He must be more insane than she is :pac:

Anyway, terrible case. RIP to the children and sympathies to the Father and extended family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

The public have a right to know what she did.

When a man kills his kids he is a murdering scumbag but when a woman does it its a tragedy.

When articles on this case appeared on FB over the last few days quite a few women in the comments section blamed the husband for his wife murdering their kids.

I read one asking why he got involved with her in the first place. Facebook comment sections are a special kind of cesspit.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm not a parent but I don't even know how one goes on living after this, I mean the parents, that grief would kill you, I have nieces and nephews even any hurt to them I would find unbearable

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

dont think i'd be fit to go on prime time if that happened to me

maybe he can't sell the house now without her consent? why else would you stay

and how could you let someone walk away from this?

Read his statement and you'll understand why he agrees with the verdict.

People are all about showing sympathy to Andrew McGinley but yet don't seem to want to take his statement into account before mouthing off.

He's absolutely the biggest loser in this but completely ignoring his point of view shows people don't actually care about the details in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Alan Hawe was called an evil sick bastard who was hoped to rot in hell after killing his kids and wife and then himself. Loads of comments about how he was obviously a controlling person, full character assassination. Mental health was no excuse then. But now it is? Why is this evil woman being shown so much sympathy?

Where are the feminists calling for equality now? If this was a man he'd be given hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Faugheen wrote: »
    He can be deemed mentally ill, like Sanjeev Chadha was, but still know what's right from wrong.

Everything you heard about Alan Hawe, how Clodagh couldn't go anywhere without him, his passive aggressiveness, his lies and his sneaking around, his note saying he didn't want 'Clodagh and the boys picking up the pieces' for his down fall, completely of his own doing, is very different to this case.

If you can't see that then good luck to you.

Would these be the rumours circulated in the rags? Most since disproven? The note, ever hear of delusions? Maybe don't read the red tops to get your news and I'll stick to expert opinion. You're clearly gender biased and have learned nothing about mental illness from these cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

Ah here would people stop with the Alan Hawe stuff and just stick to this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I can't believe she got away with this. Because that's exactly what has happened.
    A highly trained nurse as well.
    Why didn't she she just take her own life.

When asked during interviews did she want a drink of water she said no i just want my kids back. Ffs
    No sympathy for this person at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭IngridM20

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Whatever about the younger 2 but after killing them she picked up the eldest lad from school, bought him his lunch in a shop, then took him home and killed him. Completely pre-meditated.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I can't believe she got away with this. Because that's exactly what has happened.
    A highly trained nurse as well.
    Why didn't she she just take her own life.

When asked during interviews did she want a drink of water she said no i just want my kids back. Ffs
    No sympathy for this person at all.

Why do you think she did it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SnrInfant

tastyt wrote: »
    A friend of mine is an ex prison officer , he had his throat slashed by an inmate with a blade and was very lucky not to be killed .

However it has had a detrimental effect on his life in the years afterwards in many many ways and he will never be the same .

The inmate had a very strong and vocal backing from the prison psychiatrist who said they were insane and it was not his intention or fault .

So instead of what was attempted murder and however long a sentence that would be he spent a few years in the CMH and was released .

It’s a total different situation and a very hard to thing to gauge what is right and what’s wrong but it doesn’t sit right .

She said in court that because now she is on anti depressants she feels fine and could go back to work and it’s a pity she wasn’t on them before she murdered her young family .

I don’t know but is it not her responsibility to look for help or go to a doctor when she is that low instead of what she did ?

THIS really sat with me. ‘She feels fine and could go back to work’
    What the actual ****???
    You murdered your three beautiful children but now can go back to work.
    I have no words 😭😭

jk23 wrote: »
    Information of her previous crimes should be made available if she is released back in to society. I wouldn't let her babysit a dog never mind children again.

Pure evil what she did and premeditated.

It's all over the news, what do you think will happen? All this will disappear??

Would these be the rumours circulated in the rags? Most since disproven? The note, ever hear of delusions? Maybe don't read the red tops to get your news and I'll stick to expert opinion. You're clearly gender biased and have learned nothing about mental illness from these cases.

I'm not gender biased at all. I do a lot of reading on these cases and have a background in the legal profession.

The fact you are so keen to point out how men are being treated differently and are oppressed using completely different cases to this one, which you have clearly just read the headline for, tells me that only one person has an agenda here and it's you.

If you are so keen to listen to the experts, then I suggest you actually read what they said here.

Also, you can read Andrew McGinley's statement too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

She can go back to work???

Does this mean she is currently out and about? Drinking a take away pint if she wants and watch netflix tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

bubblypop wrote: »
    It's all over the news, what do you think will happen? All this will disappear??

She will probably be given a new identity and place of residence. In a year or so time people outside of the family and friends of that husband and children will most likely not be thinking about this as much.

Which means it would be easier for her to go live in another part of Ireland and the people there not know who she is

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Alan Hawe was called an evil sick bastard who was hoped to rot in hell after killing his kids and wife and then himself. Loads of comments about how he was obviously a controlling person, full character assassination. Mental health was no excuse then. But now it is? Why is this evil woman being shown so much sympathy?

Where are the feminists calling for equality now? If this was a man he'd be given hell.

Because in this case she was insane.
    In his case he was an evil controlling fcuker.
    Different cases entirely.
    Maybe look up John Carroll, Killiney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭raclle

SnrInfant wrote: »
    THIS really sat with me. ‘She feels fine and could go back to work’
    What the actual ****???
    You murdered your three beautiful children but now can go back to work.
    This is really disturbing and should be to anyone defending her. How can someone live with themselves after that? No sane or moral person could and that's the simple fact therefore she's a risk to herself and society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

She will probably be given a new identity and place of residence. In a year or so time people outside of the family and friends of that husband and children will most likely not be thinking about this as much.

Which means it would be easier for her to go live in another part of Ireland and the people there not know who she is

Not a chance - It would have worked 30 years ago but not now.

If she is released it will probably be over to England.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I vaguely remember hearing something on radio about her witnessing the death of one of her paedriatic patients, and it changed or triggered her into what could be a psychotic break, does anyone recall hearing this?

The sad irony of her caring for sick children as a nurse in Crumlin, and being distraught at the death of someone unconnected to her, and to then go home and kill all her children. What the heck was going on?

No she fcuking wont, get a grip.

• Advertisement

Because in this case she was insane.
    In his case he was an evil controlling fcuker.
    Different cases entirely.
    Maybe look up John Carroll, Killiney

Do we know she isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

Why do you think she did it ?

Revenge. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

BloodBath wrote: »
    How someone could even think about going back to "normal" or work after committing such an act is beyond me.

Sounds like she's also a psychopath unless the meds she's on are blocking her emotions which also sounds dangerous. I don't think anyone will be in any rush to hire her again anyway.

Yes, these are my thoughts as well. Her saying she’s feeling like her old self with the new meds etc... wow. If I had killed my children in a moment of insanity, once I was back to sanity, really, there is no way to even ever feel like myself again, let alone my old self. There is something very amiss here, very eerie and self-involved. And yes, true, I’m no expert, this is just my opinion. It is also my opinion that if she had done as Alan Hawe did, at least she would have let some kind of justice be served if she had done to herself what she did to her children. I suspect it would have been easier on her husband to move on, as well. But she sounds more like a homicidal kind rather than suicidal, so my bet is she will never do it. She has a good chance of dying in her own bed after a long life, and I think that’s plain wrong. The same opinion I’d have on Alan Hawe had he stayed alive and been given the same verdict.

No she fcuking wont, get a grip.

What do you think will happen then??

py2006 wrote: »
    Do we know she isn't?

I'm inclined to believe her husband and his take on her.

Faugheen wrote: »
    He can be deemed mentally ill, like Sanjeev Chadha was, but still know what's right from wrong.

Everything you heard about Alan Hawe, how Clodagh couldn't go anywhere without him, his passive aggressiveness, his lies and his sneaking around, his note saying he didn't want 'Clodagh and the boys picking up the pieces' for his down fall, completely of his own doing, is very different to this case.

If you can't see that then good luck to you.

Please god i never get into a mental space where i am deeply invested in defending one type of child killer while remembering the other, bad type of child killer

Some contortions, those

What do you think will happen then??

She won't be getting a new identity and life somewhere else.

Ok that's your opinion. We will wait and see.

py2006 wrote: »
    Do we know she isn't?

Andrew McGinley's statement.

Read it.

• Advertisement

She should. If sane, she may request it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement