Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade or start fresh

Options
  • 20-05-2021 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice on my setup. I do mostly driving simulator but i've started playing flight simulators recently.

I understand my GPU is a bare minimum for a Flight Simulator. Ideally i'd like to upgrade to a 2080 or better but i'm not sure if my current PSU is capable.

Specs as below

Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS AM4 mATC
    CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 2600x + Wraith Stelath Cooling Fan
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x16GB
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    PSU: CORSAIR CX430
    Xigmatek Scorpio mATX case

Am I better of upgrading what I have or flogging it on and starting fresh :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd have to caution against starting fresh. AMD and Intel are both moving to DDR5 and new sockets at the end of this year, and into the start of next year. Any new system now would still be DDR4 based, and have a socket with little or no upgrade potential.

Advertisement