Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Football 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Delighted. I've probably watched more Northwestern games than any other college team the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

It'd be great if ESPN decided to host College Gameday over here again after the last one was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Notre Dame Vs Navy, Dublin in 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Got a presale code today. Seats start at €60 & tun to €230

• Advertisement

Just happened to put on Arizona at Alabama, lovely trick play to make it a one score game.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Anybody know how I'd get a presale code for the Northwestern/Nebraska game? Hoping to get tickets this side of Xmas for pressies. Cheers

If anyone wants to use my presale code, drop me a PM. Don't want to put it up online

• Registered Users Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Did you get the code on the OTB mailing list ?

I got it as well and remember looking at seats for e60, but seem to have lost it.

On Ticketmaster now it's only the VIP packages that are for sale.

Was it on Ticketmaster I saw the e60 seats or am I losing my mind ?

It was ticketmaster.

the company I work for is a supplier so we had a separate code, expired now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

Had a look there. Lower Hogan tickets are €225.00!!! 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Now, I'm certain this is something I've mixed up entirely.

I got a presale code I think in November that I left too late and didn't get to use. Every time I checked after that there were only VIP tickets for a fortune going.

Then I got another presale email the other day for tickets that went on sale today (non presale go on sale on Friday I think).

So now I have two tickets and I'm delighted but a bit unsure how this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

The code they supplied in the email seems to be for the same price as the ticket in the same area of the field

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

IESHOW22 is a code the lads @ the irish NFL show provided. Tickets start at 50e at the endzones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's in the Aviva not Croke Park. I previously bought tickets for €60 each. I'd say there will be cheaper tickets once it goes on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Anyone know how quick these will sell ?

Myself and one of the kids have been planning to go to this since pre COVID but the news that Green Bay are playing in London has put a bit of a kink in it.

I'd like to hold off on this and see if we can get Green Bay ticket first.

Will these be still on sale after the Green Bay ones go on sale does anyone know, or should we just buy them now in case ?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Buy them. Then if you get packers tickets sell them.. if not its college ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I have 4 tickets in block 135 row C and I'm not able to go. PM if anyone is interested.

Mods, please delete if this isn't allowed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I see the tailgate locations are all temple bar locations which is disappointing.

Any other decent spot for a pregame pint that won’t require a remortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Peader Browns, Clanbrassil street. That's my recommendation. Good pint and around the €5 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I don't think that will happen - the game will be on Fox (as are most BIG10 games), so I'd be surprised if ESPN sent a crew for a game they don't have on their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Just bumping this. I'm willing to sell for below market price if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Anyone recommened any previews of the game, players to look out for ect?

Oh yes, here it comes. My annual bursting of the hope that Michigan and Jim Harbaugh are finally going to do something with their season….

They'll probably be preview videos next week.

The big thing for Huskers is the QB. Martinez transferred out at the end of last year, after two pretty lacklustre seasons which was preceded by two strong years including his name being mentioned in the same sentence as the Heisman Trophy.

Casey Thompson is a transfer in from Texas (Longhorns) looks to be the starting QB, but Chubba Purdy (transfer in from Florida) could also be a contender.

Has anyone been to the tailgate parties previously? Are they worth going to? Or are they very rowdy?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The tailgate parties this year are not the traditional car park events they are in the states.

In Dublin the tailgate parties are all assigned to temple bar pubs which isn’t ideal.

More info here

My father-in-law (American visiting) was at the one for the 2014 game and he enjoyed it a lot.

We will be at the Husker designated bars. They will travel well, I think, so I anticipate a good atmosphere.

Judging from videos of the last couple of times football has been in Ireland, the promoters arrange for the respective college band / cheerleaders to be at the designated bars to hype everyone up.

It of course won't be a true tailgate.

• Advertisement

Also, I just noticed Northwestern has one designated bar and Nebraska has 5. Ha. Says it all. Go Big Red.

Advertisement